Not like it was

I have P3P, two months old, 20 flights so far. When I first got it, it flew great. I installed the new firmware, v1.2.6 and now it doesn't fly very well at all. I have lost all confidence in its capabilities. I'd like to give it back to DJI. I don't like feeling ripped off when I buy something. DJI does not come out with any bulletins explaining what we who are having trouble should do. You want me to be patient? I spent a lot of money on this thing. I just want it to work like it did when I got it. I would stop complaining if that would happen. I'm a senior American. I wouldn't advise anyone thinking that they just have to have one of these, don't do it. You are taking a chance you will have to deal with the same frustrations. DJI has not said that they have a problem or that they will fix the problem or that the problem is fixed. Someone on one of these threads said, "DJI can't just give everybody their money back that wants it". DJI's tech support sucks, wait times are excessive. Why don't I just send it back to them in China and let them fix it? It took a long time just to get it. Who knows when I would get it back. They haven't said they can fix it. Buyer beware.

Did you do any research before you bought it? Because it seems you're expecting everything to be 100% perfect. I am not trying to dismiss your complaints but none of your gripes are exactly breaking news. And while we all want better information, support and consistency from DJI, all products in this space are evolving rapidly and have similar growing pains.

They have been made aware, this issue was reported days after release. Turn vps off problem solved.

Barometer off is from the craft heating up. If you want this more accurate then reboot the craft after about 2mins of flying. You will get more accurate barometer.

This is just the nature of it in heat and or humidity with the sensor

Hi Blade, just finished trying this to get the barometer more accurate. I'll post video in a bit. I turned on the P3 and started the motors and let it run on the ground for two minutes then turned off the P3.

I turned everything back on as normal and on the ground running it says 0.0 ft. I take off and same deal. Initially the height looks ok but as I go up and then down it gets wonky reporting at one time negative 30ft when I'm 1 foot off the ground. The video will show it slowly gaining altitude on it's own like before.

I did the 2 minute start/stop procedure twice with no luck.

My horizon remains level which is good.

Any other things I can try other than another IMU, gimbal and compass calibration? It really wasn't that hot out here. Maybe 85 degrees, 54 percent humidity with a slight breeze. I was standing in the shade the whole time.

Hi Blade, just finished trying this to get the barometer more accurate. I'll post video in a bit. I turned on the P3 and started the motors and let it run on the ground for two minutes then turned off the P3.

I turned everything back on as normal and on the ground running it says 0.0 ft. I take off and same deal. Initially the height looks ok but as I go up and then down it gets wonky reporting at one time negative 30ft when I'm 1 foot off the ground. The video will show it slowly gaining altitude on it's own like before.

I did the 2 minute start/stop procedure twice with no luck.

My horizon remains level which is good.

Any other things I can try other than another IMU, gimbal and compass calibration? It really wasn't that hot out here. Maybe 85 degrees, 54 percent humidity with a slight breeze. I was standing in the shade the whole time.

Can you please send me the log? I will forward it to R&D.

Ok, you have an email address I can send to?
Also, you want to see the video, just posted it on YouTube.
Please email [email protected]

Send the video link as well. The internal .dat file from the fc is pretty large. I would suggest to uplaod to Dropbox or something similar and just email me the share link.

Ken

Says the guy that drops an F bomb with no explanation why?!

By the way, it must be a very big train wreck.. 1 billion dollars worth;) Just like with any other large company you will get these type of people. They can never accept that the problem might be between the ground and controller:)
Says the guy that has a signature block that puts him working for DJI ;)

Did you do any research before you bought it? Because it seems you're expecting everything to be 100% perfect. I am not trying to dismiss your complaints but none of your gripes are exactly breaking news. And while we all want better information, support and consistency from DJI, all products in this space are evolving rapidly and have similar growing pains.
You mean you don't expect what you buy to work. You must be some kind of a sucker too. They should be 110%. These are made in China with slave labor. They make ton's of money on these things.

You mean you don't expect what you buy to work. You must be some kind of a sucker too. They should be 110%.

No. I expect it to work within reason. I accept that consumer drones are an emerging technology that leverage a complicated array of low cost MCU/MEMs and are built to a consumer grade of quality. This means they might sometimes not behave as expected. If you want something more reliable, prepare to spend $30K or more.

These are made in China with slave labor.

Are you basing this on fact or is it prejudice? I suspect the latter. Comments like this are not needed and not welcome on this forum.

They make ton's of money on these things.

As they should. They're the leader in the space.

Finally, are there things DJI could and should do better? Absolutely. And we should hold them to it. But not simply by complaining that "it doesn't work right anymore". We need to provide constructive feedback, data and information that they can (and most often will) use to figure out what needs to be done.

For me it was very hard to do any real research on the p3 being no one really had one yet to be able to have any real input or assessments on the p3 when i ordered mine. So I was resolved to know I would be in the crowd that might just end up being the ones that get to find out if its got bugs or not. and was ok with that so I rolled the dice and pulled the trigger.

I know when I got my p3 I was not expecting it to be very perfect at all esp considering I have had every other model phantom there is and came to know that there is no such thing as perfectly perfect. Then I got the p3 and was actually very impressed at how ******* close to perfect it was as far as the claims of what it could do and reality. It even was above and beyond some of the stated specs. Like when I seen the specs for distance saying 1.2 miles I figured ok so it will be able to do about 3/4 or so of a mile. and battery time of 24m I know ok so it will get about 18-20 mins of time on the battery. (they must have different clocks in china ) So i was real impressed when I seen I get well over 2 miles easy if in a clear area with not big buildings or stuff in my way. Tho I was a lil bit ticked off my the battery only giving me about 16m and never taking a complete full charge. Tho im pretty sure its the charger being its a tiny bit short on its output volts and so the battery cant charge any higher the the max that the charger is putting out so it only gets about 98 or so full.

Tho NOW after the latest firmware its buggy as heck. Mainly on how it flys if moveing then letting go of the sticks it dont just stop but stops then it make a big hook to its left if going forward or if moving back wards and stopping it will then hook to its right about 6 feet. which makes it very hard to trust in any tight spot. and is some thing I never ever seen happen with any other model before and never did till after the last update. I dont even know what the call what its doing being its a new thing that has yet to be giving a name. Its not like traditional hooking or a compass thing being it yaws on a dime still and when its flying straight its straight as an arrow till I let off the stick. Tho it is consistent and I can now account for it.

But my gimbal is also being a douche and seems to have a mind of its own. It now likes to wander on its own. and also if its sitting still It starts wandering to its left and also if I move the left stick it will move with the stick and go back to center then start wandering again. Then last night I noticed I was getting some real bad twitching when flying. and getting a gimbal motor overload flash up on my screen and it would just roll all around and my video is all over the place. But if I yaw the craft it will stop for a while then start doing it again. IMU compass and gimbal calibration dont seem to help. I also notice its got some thing to do with the wandering to the left being it seems to be a left side thing when it flips out almost as if its hitting the stop but trying to still go past it and flipping out. I also see a lot of my left leg when its doing it to.

But i was able to get it one video and it can seen starting about about the 2:16 mark. If any one wants to check it out and see what I mean.

Reactions: dalebb
You mean you don't expect what you buy to work. You must be some kind of a sucker too. They should be 110%. These are made in China with slave labor. They make ton's of money on these things.
If they didn't work, DJI wouldn't have sold so many and wouldn't be the market leader.
Despite what you think, the Phantom 3 is an outstanding product with thousands of happy owners.

Reactions: happydays and jlo
For me it was very hard to do any real research on the p3 being no one really had one yet to be able to have any real input or assessments on the p3 when i ordered mine. So I was resolved to know I would be in the crowd that might just end up being the ones that get to find out if its got bugs or not. and was ok with that so I rolled the dice and pulled the trigger.

I know when I got my p3 I was not expecting it to be very perfect at all esp considering I have had every other model phantom there is and came to know that there is no such thing as perfectly perfect. Then I got the p3 and was actually very impressed at how ******* close to perfect it was as far as the claims of what it could do and reality. It even was above and beyond some of the stated specs. Like when I seen the specs for distance saying 1.2 miles I figured ok so it will be able to do about 3/4 or so of a mile. and battery time of 24m I know ok so it will get about 18-20 mins of time on the battery. (they must have different clocks in china ) So i was real impressed when I seen I get well over 2 miles easy if in a clear area with not big buildings or stuff in my way. Tho I was a lil bit ticked off my the battery only giving me about 16m and never taking a complete full charge. Tho im pretty sure its the charger being its a tiny bit short on its output volts and so the battery cant charge any higher the the max that the charger is putting out so it only gets about 98 or so full.

Tho NOW after the latest firmware its buggy as heck. Mainly on how it flys if moveing then letting go of the sticks it dont just stop but stops then it make a big hook to its left if going forward or if moving back wards and stopping it will then hook to its right about 6 feet. which makes it very hard to trust in any tight spot. and is some thing I never ever seen happen with any other model before and never did till after the last update. I dont even know what the call what its doing being its a new thing that has yet to be giving a name. Its not like traditional hooking or a compass thing being it yaws on a dime still and when its flying straight its straight as an arrow till I let off the stick. Tho it is consistent and I can now account for it.

But my gimbal is also being a douche and seems to have a mind of its own. It now likes to wander on its own. and also if its sitting still It starts wandering to its left and also if I move the left stick it will move with the stick and go back to center then start wandering again. Then last night I noticed I was getting some real bad twitching when flying. and getting a gimbal motor overload flash up on my screen and it would just roll all around and my video is all over the place. But if I yaw the craft it will stop for a while then start doing it again. IMU compass and gimbal calibration dont seem to help. I also notice its got some thing to do with the wandering to the left being it seems to be a left side thing when it flips out almost as if its hitting the stop but trying to still go past it and flipping out. I also see a lot of my left leg when its doing it to.

But i was able to get it one video and it can seen starting about about the 2:16 mark. If any one wants to check it out and see what I mean.

It honestly sounds like a bad compass cal.. I know you said you did it but I would definitely retry at a different location.

Did that. It won't hold a steady hover at all. It moves about 6" in all directions at neutral sticks. It drifts off slowly mostly to the right. If I bring it back it then drifts off to the left. I have to constantly make corrections now or ill lose it. Many other problems also.

I'm new to this and bought the Phantom 2 Vision. I've only flown once and am waiting on repair parts after losing a fight with a tree. My question is are there trim controls on the basic controller that comes with the Phantom. I noticed a slight drift when I first took off and hovered. Nothing major and it was a calm day so wind was not a factor. I noticed more expensive controllers have trim controls.

Did that. It won't hold a steady hover at all. It moves about 6" in all directions at neutral sticks. It drifts off slowly mostly to the right. If I bring it back it then drifts off to the left. I have to constantly make corrections now or ill lose it. Many other problems also.
What have you set the home position plane or you? I did myself as home and I had endless dram it's resolved when I set the home position to the planes current position

Huh? Your sentence(s) don't make scence.
Sorry

I set my home position ( that new feature on the app) as my position ( little man icon ) i got a message in able to calibrate home position. I tried to Over ride it but when I did auto take off, it went beserk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik