Not like it was

It would be kind and maybe clever too, if DJI would make some statement about this. People are confused, because only a few have problems after the update, but there is certainly something wrong and not everybody is experiencing it. Affected people now dont know, if they should send their unit back or wait for another update. It annoying, because my rock solid Phantom now isnt rock solid and I dont know, if there is some hardware error, or its just software error which could be solved with another update. Crazy times like six weeks for repairs wont help this situation too:(

How can you alert people on stuff you don't understand? That's more like crying wolf and trying to start mass hysteria. Just for your information there were bugs before the update or they wouldn't have updated it. Some fixes have unforseen consequences.

The last sentence speaks volumes and I will move on as should the rest of the user base here. Like I said you do more harm than good and you're too blinded to see that.
You must think you are a doctor.

It would be kind and maybe clever too, if DJI would make some statement about this. People are confused, because only a few have problems after the update, but there is certainly something wrong and not everybody is experiencing it. Affected people now dont know, if they should send their unit back or wait for another update. It annoying, because my rock solid Phantom now isnt rock solid and I dont know, if there is some hardware error, or its just software error which could be solved with another update. Crazy times like six weeks for repairs wont help this situation too:(

DJI is looking into it.. I have posted this many times. You guys have to understand they have to first isolate / replicate what is causing the issue in some craft and then apply a fix. After that they have to test this fix as best as they can and make sure it didn't introduce another bug. How many times has apple or Microsoft released an update the fixed something but broke something else? These are companies that have been doing software for 25+ years. Don't get me wrong not trying to make excuses but trying to educate a few of you. These things are far from perfect, like I have already said if you cant handle a few bugs here or there you really need to pick a hobby that doesn't include any type of electronics.

Like it or not I do provide the DJI support on this board and a few others. You can either listen or ignore me. But complaining about issues that have already been stated their working on is a little counterproductive, don't ya think?

Reactions: happydays
My looked great, but did the IMU calibration.

And that's another issue, I don't think many understand the proper way to do an IMU calibration or what a true level really means. IMU cal should be done after each update, same with a compass calibration away from any metal objects. Including , watch, cell phone, wedding rings etc....

Reactions: Gary E
If I found such a statement in my mailbox or on DJI web, I would be happy. And quietly waiting:) Anyway thanks for your information and patience with us, Blade Strike!

And that's another issue, I don't think many understand the proper way to do an IMU calibration or what a true level really means. IMU cal should be done after each update, same with a compass calibration away from any metal objects. Including , watch, cell phone, wedding rings etc....
Since this thread has no purpose let me try to hijack it. What are your thoughts on a flying gimbal calibration? I did an absolute level calibration several and had and still had a tilt of .5 to 1.5 degree. After a flying calibration it's almost gone maybe .25 to .75. I know I need to send mine in but this helped

If I found such a statement in my mailbox or on DJI web, I would be happy. And quietly waiting:) Anyway thanks for your information and patience with us, Blade Strike!

I agree but they have NEVER worked like this. Does that make it right? Not at all, I think it's more of a culture thing than anything else.

Since this thread has no purpose let me try to hijack it. What are your thoughts on a flying gimbal calibration? I did an absolute level calibration several and had and still had a tilt of .5 to 1.5 degree. After a flying calibration it's almost gone maybe .25 to .75. I know I need to send mine in but this helped

Honestly this is how I calibrate my inspire camera. It will say failed but it does seem to help. Both of my p3's now have a pretty **** straight horizon. But it took a few cool imu cals to achieve this. IMHO what ever gets you the results you should stick with, as long as you're not putting yourself or craft in danger.

This is only a band aid type fix and I hoping for a proper solution soon. Please understand DJI will continue to apply fixes until they feel the craft is where they want it. Will all updates be problem free? Probably not but all in all, the p3 is probably the most reliable craft on the market as of today. No other manufacturer has as many units in the air with this low of a failure rate. I wish we could have 0% but this is unrealistic, even military hardware crashes..

PS: Your a FF? What station? I'm the IT manager for the city I live in and provide IT services to all of our stations. CA281,282,283

Last edited:
Having worked in product development I am fully aware that fixes don't just magically happen overnight, and fixing an intermittent issue that affects only a portion of a product run is the hardest thing to pin down, and once found, fixed, and tested, you hold your breath hoping it didn't break something else. I am one of the lucky ones, have done all updates, followed by IMU and compass calibration each time with not one issue. I do however insure the IMU is done on a solid workbench that was checked for level with a digital level, and Compass done in the middle of a grass field with not one piece of metal anywhere close, not even any change in my pcked, and removed my wedding ring as I am left handed and that would place it against the craft. My measures must help as I have had no issues and the bird flies awesome. Sorry for those with issues but perhaps a little more attention to detail would help.

Having worked in product development I am fully aware that fixes don't just magically happen overnight, and fixing an intermittent issue that affects only a portion of a product run is the hardest thing to pin down, and once found, fixed, and tested, you hold your breath hoping it didn't break something else. I am one of the lucky ones, have done all updates, followed by IMU and compass calibration each time with not one issue. I do however insure the IMU is done on a solid workbench that was checked for level with a digital level, and Compass done in the middle of a grass field with not one piece of metal anywhere close, not even any change in my pcked, and removed my wedding ring as I am left handed and that would place it against the craft. My measures must help as I have had no issues and the bird flies awesome. Sorry for those with issues but perhaps a little more attention to detail would help.
Wow. Never knew all of this would be necessary when I bought this thing. For me life is too short to go through all of this just to fly and take pictures. But that's just me. I've got a lot of toys in my life (boat, Harley, RV, tractor RC copters and planes and lots more) and they all work. I'm sending mine back in for repair tomorrow. I will be without it for who knows how long. Don't know if it will work when I get it back. Don't even know if I'll get back. But, I'm done. Never again with DJI no matter what happens. Just my personal feelings.

Wow. Never knew all of this would be necessary when I bought this thing. For me life is too short to go through all of this just to fly and take pictures. But that's just me. I've got a lot of toys in my life (boat, Harley, RV, tractor RC copters and planes and lots more) and they all work. I'm sending mine back in for repair tomorrow. I will be without it for who knows how long. Don't know if it will work when I get it back. Don't even know if I'll get back. But, I'm done. Never again with DJI no matter what happens. Just my personal feelings.

What type of heli's? They cant be CP if you're complaining about these VERY simple steps!

You say you own all kinds of toys, the ones you listed are very problematic and require a lot more fiddling with than the Phantom, lol. And yes I have owned boatS, motorcycleS and been in rc for 30+ years.

Reactions: mmee1992
What type of heli's? They cant be CP if you're complaining about these VERY simple steps!

You say you own all kinds of toys, the ones you listed are very problematic and require a lot more fiddling with than the Phantom, lol. And yes I have owned boatS, motorcycleS and been in rc for 30+ years.
Some people will never be happy.

I am exposing DJI for their attitude towards their customers. I am only expressing the truth in my complaints about my investment. My P3 still flies. But nowhere near what it did when I first got it. That's my ***** along with everyone else that is experiencing problems with their craft. In reading the other complaints similar to mine on this forum and other support groups online, I would estimate that about 40% of the folks who purchased the P3 are not satisfied to one degree or another. You @rhoffart suggested I sell and move on. How does one sell something that is sick? I do and have completed some/most of the suggestions the other followers of my threads have suggested. I am suggesting to any fellow citizens considering to buy one of these to beware. Do your homework before investing. No one likes to buy something with high expectations and then realize its not what it is chalked up to be. If you don't like to read about people that stand up for justice, maybe you should move on.

Not that I have anything against you, but really! I have been on here for coming up on two years now, and every now an then a newbie comes on blowing off about how crap DJI products are and about how the Chinese are all wee shitty bastards who can't be trusted and it makes me laugh. Out loud, sometimes.

And from reading the posts, it's clear that the said newbie couldn't be bothered to educate themselves as to how these things actually work, and actually believe the adverts that they are ready to fly. (They are, it's just the new pilots who aren't ready to fly them.)

And the hot air and the bellowing continues for a few days, maybe a week, and then the newbie disappears blowing off about chinks and their bad practices and we never hear from them again.

And then a few weeks later another newbie appears and blames DJI for not providing them with a toy that they can fly 100% accurately out of the box.

And another common thread is that they don't listen to good advice from people who actually know what they are talking about. And tell them to move on. While the rest of us would actually like them to stick around as they are a real font of knowledge!

But what do I know, after hundreds and hundreds of (mostly) trouble free flights.

Lost two phantoms, one due to me being like said dickhead newbie, the other through no fault of my own. But the other two phantoms have been trouble free.

If you're not happy, there are two choices. Learn or give up.

;-)

I have P3P, two months old, 20 flights so far. When I first got it, it flew great. I installed the new firmware, v1.2.6 and now it doesn't fly very well at all. I have lost all confidence in its capabilities. I'd like to give it back to DJI. I don't like feeling ripped off when I buy something. DJI does not come out with any bulletins explaining what we who are having trouble should do. You want me to be patient? I spent a lot of money on this thing. I just want it to work like it did when I got it. I would stop complaining if that would happen. I'm a senior American. I wouldn't advise anyone thinking that they just have to have one of these, don't do it. You are taking a chance you will have to deal with the same frustrations. DJI has not said that they have a problem or that they will fix the problem or that the problem is fixed. Someone on one of these threads said, "DJI can't just give everybody their money back that wants it". DJI's tech support sucks, wait times are excessive. Why don't I just send it back to them in China and let them fix it? It took a long time just to get it. Who knows when I would get it back. They haven't said they can fix it. Buyer beware.
DJI is a [removed due to language].

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AbsPapa
DJI is a [removed]

Says the guy that drops an F bomb with no explanation why?!

By the way, it must be a very big train wreck.. 1 billion dollars worth;) Just like with any other large company you will get these type of people. They can never accept that the problem might be between the ground and controller:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: happydays
Reporting that I have had the exact same issues after upgrade. Every time I upgrade a DJI product it is a craps shoot.....good or bad...ugh.

A hobby, by definition, is something you put time and effort into, mostly because it is fun and you enjoy it. If its not fun for you and you are not getting any enjoyment out of it then perhaps you need another hobby. I ride Motor Cycles all over the US and Canada, why, because I enjoy riding. If something goes wrong with the bike I fix it, I don't blame the maker for selling me a pile of crap (well, except for the one HD I owned that was one problem after the other, must have been a Monday bike) When you buy a cutting edge device you have to expect growing pains and glitches, how fast these are fixed is more important than the fact that they happened. And so far DJI has been fast with the updates, could they have done more testing before releasing, sure, but with a million owners breathing down their neck I can understand the rush.

Last edited:
PS: Your a FF? What station? I'm the IT manager for the city I live in and provide IT services to all of our stations. CA281,282,283

Yes, Lieutenant at Bergheim Fire Department. A one red light town about an hour north of San Antonio, Texas. It's 100% Volunteer so I do have a day job as well.

Says the guy that drops an F bomb with no explanation why?!

By the way, it must be a very big train wreck.. 1 billion dollars worth;) Just like with any other large company you will get these type of people. They can never accept that the problem might be between the ground and controller:)

Let me know where the wreck is, there has to be money flying everywhere :)

Reactions: blade strike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl