Not impressed with Polarpro business practices.

I have bought all my (3) Phantoms and accessories I buy from Atlanta Hobby. Great people and have techs that know their business. Keep good inventory etc. they even have a school for the pro. And no I don't work for them, just buy most of my RC stuff. I fly planes also.
DUDE ..... what does this have to do with Polar Pro lenses? Am I missing something?

I've been satisfied with Polar Pros as well. I think the general clambering for all things Phantom 3 has overwhelmed quite a few suppliers/retailers.

I posed the question to Dan of Polar Pros regarding their packaging claim of "gimbal safe." I'll report once I hear back. I didn't have any issues with the one filter I installed. Screwed on smoothly.

In my flights I've not noticed an issue with the gimbal having an issue with the extra weight. I recognize that it could become an issue down the road. I also understand that the copter is not made for a lifetime of flights. I'm sure it has a rated service life.

Mark.

Last edited:
Polar pro had filters for vision plus and gopro for over a year. I don't recall hearing any posts on this forum related to gimbal burnouts. However, I suspect they probably have not done a stress test either given the limited time it's been out

Just wanted to update that Jeff has turned my opinion on Polarpro completely around. He handled the situation great and I have nothing but good things to say now that everything is said and done.

Polar pro had filters for vision plus and gopro for over a year. I don't recall hearing any posts on this forum related to gimbal burnouts. However, I suspect they probably have not done a stress test either given the limited time it's been out
They (Polar Pro) told me yesterday that they did 200+ flights on each of their 3 Phantom 3's to test them, and saw no issues up to that point.
The Polar Pro CP lens weighs more than the ND's.
I'd love it if they (or someone) could shave a gram or more off the weight of each.

Just an update on a post I made in the other Polar Pro review thread. I mentioned a problem with ultra tight threads on the ND8 filter. I e-mailed them last week, they immediately responded and replacements arrived yesterday. I tested the ND8 this morning and it threads on all the way (a little tight but nothing to be concerned about).

Kudos to Jeff for the quick response. Looking forward to running it on my next shoot and reporting back.

Reactions: bobomet
During my email exchanges w/ Dan of Polar Pros, he also stated they've had over 200 flights w/ their filters and no known issues - as stated above.

Mark.

I also was very upset with their communication about my order, but at the end of it all, these guys took care of me and regained my trust. They admitted not being prepared for the demand and mishandling the communication to their customers. They took care of me and I imagine anyone else who reaches out to them now.

DHL has ring the bell here just this morning, only 3 days from Irvine,CA... Waw... and no customs expense!
I like these filters anyway. I don't face any gimbal problem ! I'll see in flight.

Hi Everyone,

First off I would like to thank everyone who has ordered the P3 filters from us, we are very grateful for your business, and we want your experience with us to be a pleasant one. To be honest our company was not ready for all of the orders we received, usually we can ship out orders within 24 hours, however we have been working 24/7 the last 2 weeks getting the P3 orders made and shipped. We really are doing everything we can to crank these out.

A few customers did receive premature shipping notifications which was an error, and we have changed the notification process internally, to prevent this confusion from occurring again.

If anyone would like their postage refunded or has any questions or comments about their orders feel free to email me directly and I will be more than happy to help you out. Email: [email protected]

Happy Flying,

Jeff

Jeff,

I'm a bit confused by your site. For the P3 filters at the top of page it it says "Availability: In Stock", but down at the bottom it says: "BACKORDER: New design shipping July 17th, 2015" - which is correct?

re: http://polarprofilters.com/shop/DJI-Phantom-3-Filter

Just FYI .... we finally got a sunny day here, so I attempted to thread up my PolarPro filters onto my P3P.
None of them would thread. I refuse to force them on - for fear I will ruin the threads.
This is not a DJI issue ..... the PolarPro Filter threads are off spec, and that's just the reality.
Now I will definitely wait until a lot of P3 users have tried the new models PolarPro says it's going to release soon.

Jeff,

I'm a bit confused by your site. For the P3 filters at the top of page it it says "Availability: In Stock", but down at the bottom it says: "BACKORDER: New design shipping July 17th, 2015" - which is correct?

re: http://polarprofilters.com/shop/DJI-Phantom-3-Filter
Ive heard polar pro is working on a completely new design with less weight comparable to the original filter. My dealer told me this when i asked about the the polar pro filter set. I wonder if those informations are correct, maybe some Polar pro guys here can clear this up

Ive heard polar pro is working on a completely new design with less weight comparable to the original filter. My dealer told me this when i asked about the the polar pro filter set. I wonder if those informations are correct, maybe some Polar pro guys here can clear this up

Jeff is the only person here that has acknowledged working at Polar Pro (username: PolarPro), so I'm hoping he checks back here and provides more information.

What I really want to see someone develop and offer for sale is a simple adapter that screws onto the existing thread that enables us to screw in standard filters, possibly in the same 38.5mm size as the inspire. The ultimate would be a barrel adapter that widens a bit to allow us to use fairly standard 40.5mm filter size so we can take advantage of the huge range of filters available in 40.5mm size.

Update: measured the threads on the UV filter and I think they might be 30mm. 30mm is a size that I can find standard filters for on Amazon, so a simple aluminum barrel with the right threading would let us just swap in clear, UV, CP, ND as needed, rather than fighting a big fixed assembly,

Last edited:
Jeff is the only person here that has acknowledged working at Polar Pro (username: PolarPro), so I'm hoping he checks back here and provides more information.

What I really want to see someone develop and offer for sale is a simple adapter that screws onto the existing thread that enables us to screw in standard filters, possibly in the same 38.5mm size as the inspire. The ultimate would be a barrel adapter that widens a bit to allow us to use fairly standard 40.5mm filter size so we can take advantage of the huge range of filters available in 40.5mm size.
that is not a good idea because this will be way to heavy in the end. This will ruin the gimbal motors over time and they start twitching. The only smart thing here is to offer the polar pro filters with the same weight as the original UV filter from DJI. This cant be hard to do.

that is not a good idea because this will be way to heavy in the end. This will ruin the gimbal motors over time and they start twitching. The only smart thing here is to offer the polar pro filters with the same weight as the original UV filter from DJI. This cant be hard to do.

I think a very simple inside threaded 30mm barrel, 7mm deep would match the size of the original and allow us to buy standard 30mm filters and weight almost exactly the same.

I really think we have more leeway on weight considering the camera is not even balanced from the factory. Mine always rests lens down and tilted to the right (motor side down).

Anyway, I want to thanks Jeff for complete refund of my filters!! Good customer care indeed ...
I'm waiting to test new series, they seems a bit lighter !
The best solution from DJI is a new lens with embedded iris ... with 2-3 stops user selectable. The camera cpu has the capability to manage this feature.

Hi Guys!

I would be happy to comment on the new filter sets. If anyone is interested please go ahead and post a new thread an tag me in it, as reading the title of this thread is disheartening.

As always, feel free to reach out to us at any time Email: [email protected] Phone: 949.220.9395

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1