Not impressed with Polarpro business practices.

I bought my gels and a lens cap for an insanely cheap price from our fellow forum member dataway. Haven't heard any complaints from anyone on his gels.

I cancelled my order and went with the gels from another supplier because of the non-shipping issue and my concerns with the additional weight. I'm not ready to add counter balance to the gimbal to compensate for the additional weight.

I am petty enough to have this make me very happy.

I've not heard anything about needing a counter balance when using the filters. In fact their packaging says gimbal safe. I've flown twice with the filter on and haven't noticed any issues...

I called them the day after I ordered and got them in the mail in 3 days. I'm in CA though. I don't think they planned on the demand. Sound familiar - dji battery makers... [emoji12]

Mark.

I got my ship notice a few days ago, and haven't received it yet.
But I've already sent them emails for instructions to return the 3-Pack for a full refund.
I will not even open the shipping package.

I've not heard anything about needing a counter balance when using the filters. In fact their packaging says gimbal safe. I've flown twice with the filter on and haven't noticed any issues...

I called them the day after I ordered and got them in the mail in 3 days. I'm in CA though. I don't think they planned on the demand. Sound familiar - dji battery makers... [emoji12]

Mark.

PhantomFun - check out this thread and the photos posted. One of the other members had to tape 3 dimes on the back of the gimbal and two on the side to balance it once the PolarPro filters were installed. I may be wrong, but it is my understanding that gimbal is out of balance with the motor off - but works fine once it's powered. Personally I would be concerned about adding the weight to the motor. But I may very well be off base.

I didn't see any link to a thread.

I believe the camera nose dives when powered off, regardless of what lens is on it. I'll test that out.

Marl.

Oh oh my tracking is now showing goods has shipped ... long trip from Irvine,CA ...

I got the email from them last night but when I check on the tracking number I get:

View attachment 21844

I'm assuming that eventually this will show something. I understand that they were backordered, but it seems to be common practice to actually ship the item when sending an email to say that the item was shipped.

When I ordered on 6/8 their website said that they were in stock. That's actually why I ordered directly from them rather than taking the cheaper price on Amazon.

Hopefully the set will come soon. If I were doing it again, I'd likely order directly from Amazon.

Chris

The reason that this is not showing, is because they are being shipped USPS. When they print the labels, it sets a tracking #. You will not receive a status, until the carrier picks it up. This is the same for UPS.

Hi Everyone,

First off I would like to thank everyone who has ordered the P3 filters from us, we are very grateful for your business, and we want your experience with us to be a pleasant one. To be honest our company was not ready for all of the orders we received, usually we can ship out orders within 24 hours, however we have been working 24/7 the last 2 weeks getting the P3 orders made and shipped. We really are doing everything we can to crank these out.

A few customers did receive premature shipping notifications which was an error, and we have changed the notification process internally, to prevent this confusion from occurring again.

If anyone would like their postage refunded or has any questions or comments about their orders feel free to email me directly and I will be more than happy to help you out. Email: [email protected]

Happy Flying,

Jeff

Reactions: ctp
Just got mine this morning! Unfortunately, removing the old lens is proving to be very difficult. Any suggestions? Don't want to mess up the gimbal.

Adam

just got them today. none of the three will fit onto the camera, just sent an email about returning them.

Hi Everyone,

First off I would like to thank everyone who has ordered the P3 filters from us, we are very grateful for your business, and we want your experience with us to be a pleasant one. To be honest our company was not ready for all of the orders we received, usually we can ship out orders within 24 hours, however we have been working 24/7 the last 2 weeks getting the P3 orders made and shipped. We really are doing everything we can to crank these out.

A few customers did receive premature shipping notifications which was an error, and we have changed the notification process internally, to prevent this confusion from occurring again.

If anyone would like their postage refunded or has any questions or comments about their orders feel free to email me directly and I will be more than happy to help you out. Email: [email protected]

Happy Flying,

Jeff

Jeff - Thank you for having the integrity to come on here and admit you got completely overwhelmed and are doing everything you can to clear that up and clear the backlog.

Communication is key, open and frequent communication removes a lot of challenges, just reference the Advexure folks if you want a great role model in the retail space for the Phantom.

I think everyone here can appreciate that you got completely swamped by orders, your now the first company to get knocked over by the rush of P3 enthusiasm. As long as are open, honest, and communicate often, anyone that can be made happy will be. Personally I would strongly suggest you cut back on the hours and focus on your QC, making sure to test fit every single filter before it ships. People may get impatient and want it now, but nobody is going to order if your reputation for quality is ruined.

My question - when do you anticipate sending your first shipment to Amazon? I ordered there because I don't like to order drectly from unfamiliar companies if I can help it.

got this email a bit ago which made me feel a lot better.

During our pre-order process all orders were printed a shipping label to hurry the shipping process when the filters arrived. Unfortunately not all pre-orders were fulfilled. This led to some orders with shipping labels unable to ship. When an order is printed a shipping label both the customer and USPS are given tracking info. When the order doesn't ship the tracking info doesn't show movement. Once we found out how many pre-orders weren't shipped we started the process of notifying all our customers that were e-mailed a tracking number about the status of their order. There were hundreds of customers that needed e-mails so it took a while to get to everyone. That is why you weren't notified right away. For that I am personally sorry.

I appreciated them explaining why they had not contacted me yet.

Still waiting on an email about returning it though :)

Jeff - Thank you for having the integrity to come on here and admit you got completely overwhelmed and are doing everything you can to clear that up and clear the backlog.

Communication is key, open and frequent communication removes a lot of challenges, just reference the Advexure folks if you want a great role model in the retail space for the Phantom.

I think everyone here can appreciate that you got completely swamped by orders, your now the first company to get knocked over by the rush of P3 enthusiasm. As long as are open, honest, and communicate often, anyone that can be made happy will be. Personally I would strongly suggest you cut back on the hours and focus on your QC, making sure to test fit every single filter before it ships. People may get impatient and want it now, but nobody is going to order if your reputation for quality is ruined.

My question - when do you anticipate sending your first shipment to Amazon? I ordered there because I don't like to order drectly from unfamiliar companies if I can help it.

Thank you very much for the feedback.
We actually do have 5 P3's in house in which we are test fitting against. However we are finding that the tolerances on the P3 camera can swing quite a bit. So even though they fit on all 5 of our P3's some of the filters are not fitting a few customers Phantom 3's. We are opening up the threads a bit to account for these tolerances on the next set that comes in.

Amazon has pricing way below retail so they are not receiving stock until they raise the price to $69.99.
There will be a listing "sold by Polarprofilters, fulfilled by Amazon" in the next couple days so you can take advantage of your prime shipping as well.

Take Care,

Jeff

Reactions: ctp
I contacted Polar Pro today (Jeff actually), and received excellent customer service. I'm perfectly satisfied with the way I was treated.
I'm only mildly concerned about the added 3 grams of weight, and quite concerned about the ease of threading them onto my P3 Camera.
They are a reputable outfit, so I think they deserve some room to take care of this.

Reactions: PhantomFun
I have bought all my (3) Phantoms and accessories I buy from Atlanta Hobby. Great people and have techs that know their business. Keep good inventory etc. they even have a school for the pro. And no I don't work for them, just buy most of my RC stuff. I fly planes also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20