Not impressed with FPVLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you get the right antenna from FPVLR, you will be impressed.

Even at 50 feet from my P2, the directional FPVLR helicoidal antenna gave me a better signal than the Boscam Clover Leaf antenna and that is when the FPVLR antenna is pointing on the opposite side!!!

Yes, I waited a few weeks to get them, but I don't mind since they're worth it. In fact, I just ordered 2 FPVLR clover leaf antenna (tx and rx) to replace those crapy Boscam ones.

I also ordered a few items for my P2 that sit now on my shelves because I'm still learning the hard way even after owning a Phantom for over a year. It's all my fault. You have to read a lot, particularly on this forum, and don't be afraid to ask question that may look stupid to you or to others.

sergekouper said:
What I'd like to stop seeing is morons not understanding or not able to read my posts. What about opinions on a 1 month delivery, and a 1 inch too long antenna? is it my fault as well? The ad said KIT P2 Non vision, working with all boscam: Just what Ive got ! I clicked ok. It's a mess! Give me a break now!

Im tired of NOOB Kids complaining about their own mistakes. You had no idea what you are buying and bought it anyways, Cry more you didn't read up on it.

RichW said:
So easy to blame others for your own mistakes.

When I was looking for antennas I done research and sent Tony several mails to confirm my understanding before placing my order. He answered emails promptly and was very helpful despite the obvious high workload he has building and shipping these handmade kits.

Correctly installed antennas are not to long for the phantom although I will echo others thoughts that taller, and wider in my case, legs are also a good mod for phantoms with third party gimbals installed.

Shipping time. Again Tony was nothing but honest about backlogs and expected shipping dates from even cursory reading of the forums.

I'm glad the antennas will soon find a good home and advise you do a little research before buying other custom mods for your phantom.

So easy to blame without knowing!
Have you read my post saying I have a pelicase designed for my phantom, and if I install longer legs I will not be able to close the case anymore. Did you read that or not ???
You blame ME because the antenna is too long !
Did you read my post where I say that the TX is right under the belly. There is no other place to install it, and it is installed exactly where it should be!
and you blame me for not being happy to wait 1 month to receive my order!
WTF are you guys smoking here?
and FYI, I sent and email a week or so before, to be sure of what I was buying. I didn't get any answer. I bookmarked the site, did a lot of research, and since I couldn't find something as suitable and available, I went back to it.
So thanks for the irrelevants and uninformed "advices".
I'm done with this now.

Haze said:
sergekouper said:
What I'd like to stop seeing is morons not understanding or not able to read my posts. What about opinions on a 1 month delivery, and a 1 inch too long antenna? is it my fault as well? The ad said KIT P2 Non vision, working with all boscam: Just what Ive got ! I clicked ok. It's a mess! Give me a break now!

Im tired of NOOB Kids complaining about their own mistakes. You had no idea what you are buying and bought it anyways, Cry more you didn't read up on it.

I'm tired as well to see limited old farts like you dribbling above their keyboard and not able to read a post correctly. Is to going through this time?

Hey Serge, looks like its all good. You get to sell them for what you paid for them and now you can buy from someone else.

Ohh dear. Yes I read, shame you didn't. I did not say you HAVE to install longer legs just that they are a good idea. Your case prevents it, not an issue. The antennas can be installed correctly regardless of your whining. Read and learn, however do it on your own time. Almost everyone in these forums are happy to provide guidance to anyone who asks however we all get fed up of feeding trolls in short order. Out.

At least this is good publicity for FPVLR. I'm looking at these products now :p

I skipped pages 2-3, page 3 makes it look like this was resolved. I just wanted to add that I placed an order with FPVLR and got my kit and had no problems. I would gladly order from Tony again and recommend him to anyone of my friends (or internet strangers) that are looking for FPV antenna solutions.

You sound like a petulant child. FPVLR has fantastic support. You know what I did before I ordered my antennas from him? I asked about 20 questions. Tony patiently answered ALL of them. I emptied my cart and added just the recommended items. I te. Asked an additional set of questions. I then placed 2 more orders, preceded by a ton of questions. Tony answered each question, without delay, and shipped my items quickly. Stop blaming other people for your own laziness. You didn't do your homework. You were then offered solutions and just want to cry about it. I would hate to hire someone like you for a professional job. You seem the absolute opposite of a professional.

FPVLR said:
Guys thanks for your support, I did add a warning about choosing the correct connectors in that product page, explaining that the monitor should have little holes in the connectors and the tx should have a little pin in the connector.

Hopefully this will help.

I am glad Serge found a buyer for the antennas.

These antennas have a rg-58 cable, people bend them as they please using the stick of a q-tip and electric tape, so an S-bend will fix the length problems if any.

When max efficiency is needed at 5.8ghz cable length is your friend, a longer antenna will always outperform a short antenna of the same quality due to better LOS.

tferrari: thanks for your interest in our products, actually I have to thank this thread, as today we've had the record number of orders ever.

Thank you Serge!
:)

Stick of q-tip? supposed to hold?

By the way... FPVLR has 10 times the customer service and awareness than DJI!!!

FPVLR said:
Thanks D4ddyo,
we try as I am also a long time quad pilot, but prefer fast quads and acrobatics with quads to just loitering and taking video,
but nobody understand the modeler as another modeler...

Q-tips seem to work for rg-58, being such light antennas (pinwheels), otherwise I have rg-402 which is semi-rigid and can be bent to any angle and it stays put.

Yeah... i sold my P2 recently because of the compass declination crap.. and constant crappy firmware. Still hoping DJI will clean up their stuff and maybe on the next Phantom 3 will be better. I still have need for AP

I have a tricopter and 300 size quad. Thinking about going 1.3 instead of 5.8 for penetration stunt/fpv flying. But i hear that 1.3 has trouble in small frames being close to my 2.4 antenna?

Anyways... I stumbled upon your antennas and I have to say... even with the wait... they are worth it.

sergekouper said:

I understand your frustration and if you look at my history here you can see that sometimes I do not see eye to eye with some others here. but that said there is no reason for you to get your blood boiling. I recommend you send everything back and request a refund. Yes you will be paying for return shipping but your investment in items you cannot use makes this the best option. If you still feel that the seller is responsible for the issues you are having, I recommend including a nice note with the items you are returning saying how you cannot use them, that the info you were looking at when you bought it made you think you were doing the right thing and perhaps the seller might refund your shipping costs. I recommend you ship it back as cheaply as you can. You sound like a person of substance and if so your anger is only out of principal and the frustration of not completing your project. Then put this behind you and move forward. As far as what you say above, 1 month delivery, lets talk about that, was it shipped within a few days of purchase but the shipper was a slow one, or did they not ship for 2 weeks or something. Finally, as I am doing, email or call any company where you are buying stuff like this to get advice on what exactly you should buy. I thought I should buy one kit from fpvlr, but I emailed him and was advised to get a different one. Good luck and happy flying

FPVLR said:
well, dear friend I am super nice, I treat customers with respect, like EVERYONE on there will tell you, and often I take the extra care to make sure they are happy, but i will NOT , and I repeat, will NOT bend over backwards for anyone, customer or not who isn't nice in his requests, and who tries to boss me around or tries to blackmail me.

I am sure you understand.
Regards,
Tony.

And Tony I think you will find that some people react in different ways, but that does not mean that you should react back. As an ebay seller I do whatever it is the buyer wants. I try to get the best deal when they are unhappy but I realize in the big picture giving a full refund and saying keep it to the buyer will keep my 5 star rating or if the item has a larger value I will send a return shipping label and wait to refund until I receive the item back . Especially if the buyer is rude I need to bend over backwards to try and make them happy, period. This will make you the bigger person. The guy should have contacted you first and then there would have been no problem, If you were to encourage that.

I thought I was supposed to buy one kit for my phantom and I emailed you and you responded. But I still have questions but I don't want to be a bother either. so, can we ask questions before we buy? Would you want us to do that Tony or are you too busy to answer individual emails? I read that you might be getting a shitload of questions and I would hate to be a bother. I do appreciate what you are doing and I wish you the most success in your business.

I know I'm late to the party but its awesome seeing all the support for FPVLR. I love my antennas... when I was ordering (back before the "new" kit) when I wasn't sure exactly about the different connectors and such I simply emailed the sales address and Tony was right back to me with answers and he made sure to be up front with me about the projected delivery (3 weeks at the time).
afaic it couldn't have been easier coordinating to get exactly the connectors I needed I simply told him what equipment I had and confirmed my order number when I placed the order so he knew which to associate it with.

Serge I'm not trying to just bash on you I know this stuff is confusing, your response was a tad unreasonable imo but that's bygones... my point is in the future if you're buying expensive, specific equipment that you aren't totally knowledgeable about, or even if you just want to double check reach out to sales departments, research & ask questions before clicking Buy... that's all mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4