Not impressed with FPVLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,
Just wanted to mention that I was not impressed by FPVLR in any way. First of all, I had to wait for about 1 month to get my stuff, that was a 5.8 GHZ helical +2 pin wheel Kit for my P2 Non Vision. When it arrived, the heli was not fitting because the connection was male, for a Blackpearl. I didn't notice it in the description, and since I don't use a Blackpearl I had no clue that they have female connectors. However I noticed the big title "KIT 5.8 for the P2 Non Vision". Happy to see that, and tired to search such a kit everywhere I bought it too quickly. FPVLR can claim that I had to be more careful... I say: "do something to be more specific in your descriptions, and also do something about your international deliveries: 1 month between the order and the delivery is just unacceptable.
Quite fuming to wait that long to discover that the kit was not what I expected, I contacted them to complain, and was answered to basically Foxtrott Oscar and the problem could be rectified by getting adapters or taking the things to the electronic shop next door. Sorry but when you live in London, you need a great pair of binoculars to find an electronic shop next door... Also, I am too busy for running to shops, waste my time in traffic, etc etc etc... this is why I buy stuff online!!!
Anyway, one of the pin wheel could fit my Boscam TS351 vtx as advertised, so I thought that at least, something would work. Actually, no, it doesn't, the antenna is longer than my landing gear... the Boscam is located right under the P2's belly, so I wonder where else I could install it. Maybe on the top of the shell? or 180 degrees upward? oh no I can't do this because of the props. So OK then, I guess I have to ask to the electronic shop next door to cut it shorter for me... By the way, How much extra will I have to pay for that?
So let me summarise:
1-This is my job to pay extreme attention to buy the right stuff... Maybe, but the site is rubbish and not clear at all about the "versions" of the kit.(if any)
2- If I want my stuff quickly, I probably have to move to Florida, where the parcel was stuck there for almost 3 weeks before taking off. Why? because it's probably easier to drop it at the local post office and forget about it rather than getting an account with a serious transporter!
3- I have to contact urgently DJI to let them know that their P2 landing gears are too short for the FPVLR kit. (unless this is my P2 that shrunk after too many landings.)
Total: £75 ($ 130) for something delivered after 1 month, not working (at least not for me, but fact is I'm the one who paid for it.)

Thank you FPVLR, it's a pleasure to do business with your company, I'll surely recommend you in the future!

sergekouper said:
Hi,
Just wanted to mention that I was not impressed by FPVLR in any way. First of all, I had to wait for about 1 month to get my stuff, that was a 5.8 GHZ helical +2 pin wheel Kit for my P2 Non Vision. When it arrived, the heli was not fitting because the connection was male, for a Blackpearl. I didn't notice it in the description, and since I don't use a Blackpearl I had no clue that they have female connectors. However I noticed the big title "KIT 5.8 for the P2 Non Vision". Happy to see that, and tired to search such a kit everywhere I bought it too quickly. FPVLR can claim that I had to be more careful... I say: "do something to be more specific in your descriptions, and also do something about your international deliveries: 1 month between the order and the delivery is just unacceptable.
Quite fuming to wait that long to discover that the kit was not what I expected, I contacted them to complain, and was answered to basically Foxtrott Oscar and the problem could be rectified by getting adapters or taking the things to the electronic shop next door. Sorry but when you live in London, you need a great pair of binoculars to find an electronic shop next door... Also, I am too busy for running to shops, waste my time in traffic, etc etc etc... this is why I buy stuff online!!!
Anyway, one of the pin wheel could fit my Boscam TS351 vtx as advertised, so I thought that at least, something would work. Actually, no, it doesn't, the antenna is longer than my landing gear... the Boscam is located right under the P2's belly, so I wonder where else I could install it. Maybe on the top of the shell? or 180 degrees upward? oh no I can't do this because of the props. So OK then, I guess I have to ask to the electronic shop next door to cut it shorter for me... By the way, How much extra will I have to pay for that?
So let me summarise:
1-This is my job to pay extreme attention to buy the right stuff... Maybe, but the site is rubbish and not clear at all about the "versions" of the kit.(if any)
2- If I want my stuff quickly, I probably have to move to Florida, where the parcel was stuck there for almost 3 weeks before taking off. Why? because it's probably easier to drop it at the local post office and forget about it rather than getting an account with a serious transporter!
3- I have to contact urgently DJI to let them know that their P2 landing gears are too short for the FPVLR kit. (unless this is my P2 that shrunk after too many landings.)
Total: £75 ($ 130) for something delivered after 1 month, not working (at least not for me, but fact is I'm the one who paid for it.)

Thank you FPVLR, it's a pleasure to do business with your company, I'll surely recommend you in the future!

My two cents:

I understand that the situation has upset you, however, an unbiased onlooker reading your post can see that you're just directing your frustration toward the seller. The measure of a person is not based on the mistakes they make, but rather how they respond to them. I am unaware of how these events actually unfolded and who is responsible for the outcome, but the open offer by the seller here to make things right for you shows his intentions.

In my opinion, suggestions on how to improve service are often welcomed by sellers but shouldn't be delivered publically in a web of emotion.

You can solve this issue and it will cost you a few pounds and a bit of time.. but you'll figure out. It's sort of part of this whole RC customization thing it seems.

If it makes you feel any better, I just crashed by Phantom 2 into a swamp and have no one to blame except myself (well.. maybe DJI too, but it's hard to say).

Reactions: doomclam
sergekouper said:
Hi,
So let me summarise:

Not impressed with your Complaint. Sounds like you have options to rectify the problem, what else can you expect the seller to do.Welcome to the world of "HOBBY" RC Flying. Customization, and some self reliance, and forums seem to be the way it is. this is not a Hobby that all of mainstream is doing "yet" ;) so expect that this wont be a bestbuy off the shelf allways in stock this second when you want it experience every time and thank god lol cause i hate that place. Patience is a Virtue..

So what do you want me to do?
Cover for the problems and smile? I was ready to make the effort of trying to find a guy (and not a pig) able to redo the job, but when I saw that the only one fitting the TX was too long by an inch!, I was just disgusted.
I know nothing about male, female, SMA RPSMA.. all what I know is basically the pin goes in the hole or not. Yes I want a Bestbuy thing and I thought this is what I was getting. I can't believe that it's turning to be my fault now!
The attitude of the seller, thinking he's doing his best saying: send it back ! doesn't think to the following:
1-Repack the thing
2- print a label and stick it
3- take, the car, go to the post office, pay for the parking, queue at the PO, Pay for the parcel, return to the car, go back home.
4- wait God knows how long for the goods to be back (lets say another month at best), and wonder if the order will be correct this time or not!
In other words: I have other things to do than wasting my time like this, as well as being here complaining about it. I am just fuming because one more time, something is missold, and the problem must be solved at my end rather than at the seller's end.
Using my phantom professionally, I needed these antennas to secure my FPV. This is also why I don't have the time to sit and wait. For me, this thing is not a hobby, and I am not playing.
I am not nice with him, well, too bad, I'm just more and more pissed off to face such situations almost everyday now.
Here is what at least I was expecting:
The seller to be sorry for the problem, proposing to send a new kit immediately (provided I would send back the defective one upon reception to avoid to waste more time)
or the seller would propose a partial or full refund...
But I got none of these.
Before shooting me, think: I bought something, I am poorer of 130 USD, and I have nothing I can use, unless I spend more money, and waste more of my time. How do you call that?

Don't you think you should know what you need before you buy ? Since your a pro and out making money with your phantom you should know your equipment better than most because now it's a tool and not a toy ? I'm sorry but the way I read this it's your falt for not knowing what you need . Black pearl comes both ways RPSMA& SMA so only you know what you got .

Now you can just get the adapters to make what you have work and set your bird up a little higher like on 2 small boards so the antenna is off the ground or kick it to one side .

sergekouper said:
I know nothing about male, female, SMA RPSMA.. all what I know is basically the pin goes in the hole or not. Yes I want a Bestbuy thing and I thought this is what I was getting. I can't believe that it's turning to be my fault now!
The attitude of the seller, thinking he's doing his best saying: send it back ! doesn't think to the following:
1-Repack the thing
3- take, the car, go to the post office, pay for the parking, queue at the PO, Pay for the parcel, return to the car, go back home.
4- wait God knows how long for the goods to be back (lets say another month at best), and wonder if the order will be correct this time or not!
In other words: I have other things to do than wasting my time like this, as well as being here complaining about it. I am just fuming because one more time, something is missold, and the problem must be solved at my end rather than at the seller's end.

With the very greatest respect, I honestly don't see how you can claim that it was "missold". It's not their fault that you ordered the wrong item, is it? Did you contact them to enquire what it was that you needed to order?

YOU made the mistake ordering, because YOU didn't research what YOU needed.

So man up, and deal with it. get an adapter for a couple quid, or send them back at YOUR expence since YOU made the balls up..
Pretty funny this.

Sir it was your mistake period. The cost to rectify it are yours period. Sounds like Tony has went above and beyond. Now that said their website does suck. It requires you to ask questions and probably several times. The site is not misleadinng but it sure is lacking in good info.

Tony, Its what I do for a living and would be happy to give you tips via PM (or whatever)so you can tweak things for the less than knowledgeable (like me).

It's a lot easier to see the issues for us that don't understand the product than guys like you that know it intimately.

I will PM you in a bit.

I have been a fpvlr customer and recommend customers to him constantly. He makes custom antennae that are simply high quality and work amazing compared to what's out there.

I have no idea what I was looking for between sma and rp-sma connectors. I get them mixed up all the time. When I first was looking for antennae replacements I contacted him via email and he responded very quickly with his expertise and different options along with what connections to order.

As for the length. Well buy extended legs. You are better off if it extends below the gimbal for 360 range no matter which way the phantom is oriented. Either that or just extend it down and at an angle. No big deal.

As for time... Well I waited a month in the beginning. I emailed him and he explained that they were hand made and would take a couple more weeks as he is hand making them. Trust me. They are worth it.

I just want to state that I think this post is unfair to FPVLR. It's not their fault you aren't entirely sure what you are buying/doing. I ordered the vision+ stage 2 and it works like a charm. If you follow the FPVLR thread on here, Tony does a great job of informing updated shipping times. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe you should change the title of this thread to "I'm a ******* and like to blame others"

Camicus said:
I just want to state that I think this post is unfair to FPVLR. It's not their fault you aren't entirely sure what you are buying/doing. I ordered the vision+ stage 2 and it works like a charm. If you follow the FPVLR thread on here, Tony does a great job of informing updated shipping times. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe you should change the title of this thread to "I'm a ******* and like to blame others"

Or maybe since you don't have a P2 Non vision you should just think twice before writing without knowing what I'm talking about, smart mouth!

Now for the other "lessons givers", You're right, I am going to get longer legs, and bend the antenna to make it fit. Ok I will not be able to close the Pelicase anymore, but that doesn't matter does it?
Who's going to advise the ******* to use a sandow to close it then?
You see Tony, that's fine, leave it, this will not go anywhere, I'm $130 out of pocket for nothing and it's all my fault apparently! I wish you all a very good day!

sergekouper said:
Ok I will not be able to close the Pelicase anymore, but that doesn't matter does it?

Don't let that factor bother you. All of us who use cases for their Phantoms have to deal with accommodating our chosen custom accessories, and it is permissible to remove the FPV antenna when packing in the case. I'd say that's the solution most use.

sergekouper said:
So what do you want me to do?
Cover for the problems and smile? I was ready to make the effort of trying to find a guy (and not a pig) able to redo the job, but when I saw that the only one fitting the TX was too long by an inch!, I was just disgusted.
1-Repack the thing
Using my phantom professionally, I needed these antennas to secure my FPV. This is also why I don't have the time to sit and wait. For me, this thing is not a hobby, and I am not playing.
I am not nice with him, well, too bad, I'm just more and more pissed off to face such situations almost everyday now.
Here is what at least I was expecting:
The seller to be sorry for the problem, proposing to send a new kit immediately (provided I would send back the defective one upon reception to avoid to waste more time)
or the seller would propose a partial or full refund...
But I got none of these.
Before shooting me, think: I bought something, I am poorer of 130 USD, and I have nothing I can use, unless I spend more money, and waste more of my time. How do you call that?

I call that 100% your Fault for not Knowing what you were buying, You say you dont know anything about the connectors for antennas and monitors, well this is something you should know if you are buying it!!!!! you just dont go to a store with 3000 bucks and close your eyes spin around and point andd buy the first thing you see, you do a little reading find out what it entails and will take to work, This is not a kids toy. It requires a little diligence from you. and expecting to get a refund because you messed up your buy without ordering connectors to make it work lol Come on... If you dont like it go buy the kids toy AR Drone and stay away from the adult section of the hobby store. or order the 3 dollar part from ebay and quit whining about it.

What I'd like to stop seeing is morons not understanding or not able to read my posts. What about opinions on a 1 month delivery, and a 1 inch too long antenna? is it my fault as well? The ad said KIT P2 Non vision, working with all boscam: Just what Ive got ! I clicked ok. It's a mess! Give me a break now!

sergekouper we are both in North London. I am happy to take them off your hands for what you paid for them if you don't want them.

Cheers

Thanks xgeek! sent you a PM.
Cheers

So easy to blame others for your own mistakes.

When I was looking for antennas I done research and sent Tony several mails to confirm my understanding before placing my order. He answered emails promptly and was very helpful despite the obvious high workload he has building and shipping these handmade kits.

Correctly installed antennas are not to long for the phantom although I will echo others thoughts that taller, and wider in my case, legs are also a good mod for phantoms with third party gimbals installed.

Shipping time. Again Tony was nothing but honest about backlogs and expected shipping dates from even cursory reading of the forums.

I'm glad the antennas will soon find a good home and advise you do a little research before buying other custom mods for your phantom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31