Not getting enough power to run my strobe light (5volts)...

Reaction score
Bought a Strobon strobe light. Its the kind that has 3 wires and can connect to a servo. It takes 5 volts. I do not have a gimbal but used to and I still have the wires hanging down with the same connector. Problem is that only puts out 2.5 volts I found out using a voltmeter. How can I get the juice to power my strobe?

Pic:
55c122b54d05c6e7c3a295ecbc3a6ce7.image.550x550.jpg

Hey Hoverman, sounds like what you need is a DC-DC step down converter. It takes input voltage from your flight battery and steps it down to whatever you need to power your accessories.

Here's a link to one on Ebay:
LM2596 DC-DC Buck Converter step-down module NEW

As you can see, these won't break the bank! It's not the exact one I use, but the same tech. The adjustment mechanism can be a little flaky on some of these, so be sure to have a good digital volt meter to read the output. If you find the pot will not adjust from the rated low to high voltage very well, or if you can't seem to stop on the needed voltage (in this case 5v), give the pot a few good, fast twists throughout the range. That settled mine down to where I could get 5.02v, pretty close, eh? I use mine to power the charging circuit on my SJCAM SJ4000 camera and the Trackimo. With these two hardwired, I don't need batteries in either one.

Anyway, hope this helps. Let us know if you need more help. BTW, this is best placed inside the shell to protect it from a number of calamities.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik