Not Flyawy - Fly & Stay

Reaction score
It was up high and refused to come down.

I was in ATTI - which I fly in b/c I felt was less prone to flyaway errors.

Battery was getting low so I flew above my head - it was pretty high but well within visual range.

FC40 would not come down - just sat there! I finally switched to GPS mode and it slowly came down. So wierd. Any ideas?

rustysd said:
It was up high and refused to come down.

I was in ATTI - which I fly in b/c I felt was less prone to flyaway errors.

Battery was getting low so I flew above my head - it was pretty high but well within visual range.

FC40 would not come down - just sat there! I finally switched to GPS mode and it slowly came down. So wierd. Any ideas?

Anyone have a similar experience of stalling up high ???

That's a first, and does sound rather odd.
you pulled the sticks down very hard to land it?
how high up would you say you were? (could you see the flashing lights?)

there's a chance you flew up so high that it hit failsafe, which would have made it non-responsive

Gizmo3000 said:
That's a first, and does sound rather odd.
you pulled the sticks down very hard to land it?
how high up would you say you were? (could you see the flashing lights?)

there's a chance you flew up so high that it hit failsafe, which would have made it non-responsive

Yes I pulled sticks down hard.

Not all that high - I could see it clearly.

There were lots of exposed power lines around - maybe that's why

I'm pretty sure it's not the power lines.

That is a weird one, I'd be very interested to know if it ever happens again!

Other than being caught in a localized updraft (which is rare but does happen), did you notice anything weird going on while it was stuck there? Were you still getting single/double yellow blinks? Did it respond to other commands to yaw/move forward/backwards/sideways?

I'm also thinking the the most likely case is you lost TX control for a few seconds, and it went into failsafe, and you regained control by flipping between GPS and ATTI once or twice. That sequence of events could be 20-30 seconds, which would lead you to believe you were stuck without stick input until you flipped to GPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers