Not even a noob yet!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just beginning my journey of Drone ownership. Looking at the Phantom3 Advanced. My flying locations will be Northern IL - Chicago metro area and Northern Wisconsin.

Appreciate the forum and all the constructive input. Have to admit I'm having second thoughts with all the talk of cracked housings, and that most of my flying will be above a forest or over a lake!

BruteForce.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey Brute,
Please, do not be discouraged, remember, this is a HELP FORUM mostly, so your going to MOSTLY read about problems, NOONE is going to post, had 30 great flights with no issues! Their going to post after 30 flights, I crashed, or weird lights blinking, firmware problems, ect!

So for every horror thread you read, there are literally hundreds of problem free flights! I have an early model phantom 3 Pro, with MANY FLIGHTS, ( bought used ) and I've put a few hours on it myself, NO CRACKS, no issues, perfect flying machine! ( I did have some issues early, as bought craft without Tx, and had some firmware ( conflicts ) between bird and Tx, but after I upgraded everything, now problem free!
So not all of us experience problems, like myself, and many others. Also keep in mind a LOT of problems you read are also USER error, defective equipment ( memory card reader, bad USB cable ect ). Some are legit problems! But that is why we are here, to help, and/or seek help!

Lastly
Everything can be repaired, fairly easily, once you locate the issue!
Even a cracked shell can be swapped pretty easily!

So
Worry less, ENJOY MORE!

Can be a bit scary reading all this stuff, but like I said above, does not mean it will happen to you!

Welcome,
And hope you have many enjoyable moments with your p3a! I completely love mine!

A GPS tracker might be a wise investment, if your distance flying or Forest flying, don't think it will help if it goes swimming, but rest will be good! Also read up on VPS, ( visual positioning system ) and turning it off over water!

We are here if you need us!
J Dot
:cool:

good post.gif

Welcome to the forum BruteForce , what J Dot ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20