Not enough power

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have a P2V (not the plus), after a hard landing and a tip-over i have much less lifting power, i tried to examine the motors but it doesn't has any constipation, It can be a motor or esc failure? Can be help if i change the bearing of the motors?

thanks in advance!

Calibrate the IMU and possibly the remote before you start worrying about the motors.

Changing the bearings will not help and you may just destroy the motors trying to do so.

Provided you have not used the wrong screws when fitting or removing prop guards - as it is possible to damage the motors this way, the chances are it is a calibration or electronic issue.

Thanks noiseboy!
I calibrated the remote and the imu (just basic calibration, the advanced one stop cause of the temperature message) but doesn't matter, the values remained approximatelly the same. I don't use prop guard.

Additional info: when it fly i realized that the whole copter hang to right (so the right side of the bird is lower than the left), os i make an 1/8 speed slow motion video about the motors and the right side ones are slower and when i shut down it stops faster than the left side ones, here are the videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUlhQtdZmAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9vT-7Fdq8o
So as i see these 2 motors less powerful than the other side. Is it enough to clean it or change the bearing or i should get new ones?

I am still thinking IMU calibration. Ignore the temp message and give it a go. Make sure the quad is totally level when you do this.

Also worth doing the compass dance.

I would fit standard DJI props, and also check that the motors feel the same when you try to turn them. If they feel different, replacement is a better option, but if you feel confident, you could try stripping them down.

Reactions: TheCif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers