Not Enough Power Go Home

Reaction score
I thought I had seen or heard about all there was until today. I was being treated to some lovely wind gusting action today that provided some nice ones from 18-29mph. The best one I few in was 16mph. So while in the process of making me 1st flight pass, I'm right in the middle of a run and looking at the monitor a message box pops up and says "Not Enough Power Go Home". I instantly aborted the flight and jacked back on the throttle as I began to stare at the percentage of battery remaining. I land and head inside with several reasons why I might have gotten this first time message. I decide I'm going to connect to the assistant and copy all the info on the battery. As soon as I power up the quad one of those type of forced updates displays a large message box over the assistant. Instead of it being forced into my quad this time it was giving me a option to not add the update. I wanted to copy the message but when I clicked on it that action was taken as I wanted to proceed with the update and it loaded into the quad leaving a message to power cycle the quad. It showed on it that it was updating 3 different things. I can't remember what exactly they were, but wait I just pasted the info it showed below which is actually a major update. Anyway. The update took care of my never before seen issue. And thank you dji for allowing me to add the update myself.

Overview:
a)Central board firmware updated to v1.0.2.10.

Major New Features

a)Fixed potential gimbal issues that may arise when the remote controller signal is lost.
b) Improved the communication between the smart flight battery and the Phantom.
c)Fixed issues in communication between the smart flight battery and the compass.

I think that's the same update that was forced upon me last week...

I just don't trust the app connecting to the internet

I also get this "not enough power to go home" popup and Im using V10 of the custom firmware. Whats odd is I can get this message with 50%+ power remaining and the drone is about 25ft ahead of me lol, something that takes less than 1% of the battery to return home and land so no idea but Ive seen this new popup a LOT lately.

Same happened to me. I had flown quite a distance away (but within sight) and was returning under yellow battery when the message popped up that I didn't have enough power to return home -- but by then it was within 50ft of me with still a good amount of yellow indicated. WTF? Not wishing to tempt fate, I just brought it down to a low hover, walked over to it and hand caught it. Had I gotten that message while out far I would have had a panic attack.

This had happened to me. Do you guys have the dynamic home point turned on? I know ever now and again my GPS on my phone will flake out for just a second and think it's a couple of miles away from where it really is and then go back to normal. I don't think I've had this popup since I turned the dynamic home point off. Unless it's obvious I'm to far out without very much battery. I think it calculates RTH battery at the ridiculously slow rate of return now.

Yes, I think I have dynamic home point turned on. I'll turn it off and see if it still happens. I also wonder if the latest firmware upgrade regarding battery communication might correct the situation.

It's the issue with dynamic home point one it detects that the quad is further in distance and calculates the return to home is some thing it won't be able to do it will pop up and then the ring goes yellow so technically your dynamic home feature stops working it just remembers the last home point it fetched

But my advice would be don't turn it of since as long as it fetches the last location your safe. What if u turn it of and do a long distance flight and something messes up still with the feature on it fetches the data till u reach the peak of a certain distance so the more the contact the better compared to only one contact and of it goes

I updated but it didn't give me a choice to update or not. It just did.

I saw the "Not Enough Power Go Home" message today too. At the time, I was only a couple hundred feet away from the home point. I also have all updates installed.

After seeing that message, I flew around for another ~10 minutes with no trouble. Odd.

I had it come on 3 more times today while fighting against wind situations. One was while trying to go straight up against 15-20mph wind. I have the recent update so that means it has no effect on this issue. I do remember I had moved around from the spot I started from each it did happen. And the last strange thing was I when I was ready to stop, I failsafe (rth) to land and I went to the spot I started at and then activated failsafe. But the quad went to a location I had failsafed to near the start of the flight. Not sure why it didn't come to me based on suppose to read my location every 2 seconds?

Sounds like that dynamic home point may have some issues. I'll stick with setting a hard home point each time for now. I generally don't move much from my take-off point while flying.

MapMaker53 said:
Sounds like that dynamic home point may have some issues. I'll stick with setting a hard home point each time for now. I generally don't move much from my take-off point while flying.

I started up and launched with 7 sat's, but when the dynamic home point is enabled it dominates the other. I tested the process the 1st I flew with it. I manually shut the controller off at different points to see if I could confuse it, but it made it through those test. I tried changing locations that day, but it was only like 20ft. Now today I was moving 50+ feet and that seemed to be a different story. I guess I probably set this situation under the worst possible scenario with being strong wind.

I have had this problem on and off since I updated the firmware weeks ago. It still happens even with the latest update mentioned. I could be 30 feet from my transmitter with 30+ percent battery life and I will get the message. I agree that it seems to happen when I have DHP on but I cannot be certain and it doesn't happen all the time. I really wish DJI would test their stuff before distributing it. It seems their business process is to use its loyal users as testers.

Mopar Bob said:
I agree that it seems to happen when I have DHP on
I've never used DHP and it happened to me today when I had about 50% battery remaining.

Mopar Bob said:
I really wish DJI would test their stuff before distributing it. It seems their business process is to use its loyal users as testers.
Welcome to the world of computer software. It's never perfect -- no matter how many hours you spend testing it.

So is the general consensus to just ignore the message if the battery indicator shows that you have plenty of juice?

MapMaker53, that's what I did. And everything worked as expected after I closed the message.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik