Not again....sigh

Reaction score
Top story on NBC national news tonight....
Close call between drone and Delta flight at JFK airport. Drone was reported at 1700 feet....missed airliner by 100 feet...

Also reported that 'FAA is getting multiple reports of these kind of close calls every day'...

Not good folks....not good....

Stilgar

I always find it interesting that pilots can spot these things while traveling so quickly and accurately enough to measure how far away they are. Often times they claim the drones were 100ft under them. I find this hard to believe.

Top story on NBC national news tonight....
Close call between drone and Delta flight at JFK airport. Drone was reported at 1700 feet....missed airliner by 100 feet...

Also reported that 'FAA is getting multiple reports of these kind of close calls every day'...

Not good folks....not good....

Stilgar
+1

Isn't it truly amazing at 190 mph they spot a drone 100 ft below their aircraft.

A buddy of mine flies 737 for SW. He says he doesn't believe 90% of the reports. He says he can hardly see a flock of geese at 2K -3K feet let alone something the size of a large frisbee
Exactly. It's hard to see these things as the actual pilot of the Phantom, I find it absurd to have someone tell me they can spot one at 200 mph at altitude.

Reactions: Jorovi
Drone/plane interaction has become a "thing" such that the news media do anything to push these stories out.
And the more stories people are hearing, the more drones they see.
Like UFOs in the 1960s. Most UFO reports back then were something else but, seen for a second, the brain convinces the observer that it must be a UFO.
It could have been a bird, a weather balloon, another plane or the planet Venus.
Now the brain is hearing drone instead of UFO and the stories will keep coming.

I Am F-E-N Pissed OFF! This has got to stop and stop now!

I'm flying my Phantom p3p within legal heights and this 747 fly's right over the top of me!
I have rights too!

Mini vans and small trucks cause more destruction than any other type of vehicle. Let's see a ban on those. The FAA has had a hard on for the AMA for years. Thankfully, this drone thing has caught on and many agencies including govt. ones see the benefit of drones. Just the other day I read where a drone delivered a life jacket to a swimmer. Farmers use them to check fences etc. the more good uses the better for a curbing rather than a ban. But in the end the only people killing other people with drones and very well I might add is the good old govt. of the USA.

I have a friend that flies international for Delta and he said he has not seen any bulletins or any kind of issues with drones flying close to airplanes. He said he has had bulletins for lasers.

You might yell BS and conspiracy, or perhaps the pilot saw something other than a drone, but we all know there are plenty of people stupid enough to fly this irresponsibly. You only have to read these forums to know these reports are likely true.

I have a friend that flies international for Delta and he said he has not seen any bulletins or any kind of issues with drones flying close to airplanes. He said he has had bulletins for lasers.

I'm convinced there's a "drone" smear campaign. The word "drone" is dirty and has bad connotations. The media loves saying DRONE. The evil drones are coming to get you America!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94