Not able to open Video file

Reaction score
Got my vision on Wednesday. hovered with it on Thursday and shot a little bit of video - all is well - viewed it fine.
Did a longer flight this afternoon. very responsive and stable everything works superbly - total fun!!
Couple of questions : Shot some stills - which obviously are jpeg only as no raw converter available yet (tut tut dji) first impressions are OK though pretty fuzzy on the sides so not great but usable. Is there a way of enabling the narrower fields of view (FOV) from the widest setting? as I'm not a great fan of curved earth syndrome.
However I also did a 3 minute video and although its MP4 it just will not open and I get the following message:

'Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.' strange because the initial file opened yesterday.

Any thoughts anyone?

paul

did you defintely stop the recording before powering off the vision or removing the card?
i got the same thing and realised (when i got to watch the video later) that i had powered the vision down whilst still recording.
by loading the card back into the vision, powering it all back up and using the app to view the album contents. then play the corrupted video and the app should fix it and make it viewable by pc / mac mp4 players.
hope that helps.

Studiowise -- Thanks!!!!

Studiowise -- Many thanks for the tip you gave (above) regarding an "unreadable" video file. You were absolutely right in that for the first time ever, I shut down my Vision2+ before turning off the recording. As per your suggestion, I put the memory card back into the Phantom, powered up, used the iPod app to view the library and played the misbehaving file. I then extracted the card and downloaded the file to my Mac. Success! Fully playable. It must be like the old DVD-R recorders in which a file must be "finalized" before it can be played. In any case, your advice was spot on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj