NOT a no fly zone..

Reaction score
Is there a way to inform DJI about an incorrect NFZ??? And are they responsive??? I live near an old Naval Air Station that's been closed since 1997... tons of RC'ers use the old runways for cars, planes, and helos... I went there today and there was a red circle around it and I couldn't take off... I have my private pilots license so I'm very familiar with airspace, etc, and the old airport shows up as a X on the sectional...

That's a great question and I would start with DJI support (if you can't get through on the phone, email them and let them know politely and they will help you through email maybe) and see if there is recourse.

Please let us know with a follow up if you get more information.

It's been asked a few times since they introduced the NFZ over a year ago and I have never heard of a successful case where they have even replied. I wish you luck in your quest man.

If you start up your P3P in manual mode, will it over ride the no fly zones and still let you fly? Or will it just not start anyway? You would think that there would be a way around this for wrongly marked zones through the software. Has anyone tried this?

Hi @Reed L,
There are already quite a number of us here, that are Albertan's.
It's always nice to meet new ones, and share the love of this hobby.
Hope to make your acquaintance some day.

Enjoy the Phantom, and your time wisely spent on the forum.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Reed L
I tried the auto take off and it wouldn't allow it to start up... I decided to expand the map and noticed they didn't mark a local small, but very active, airport as a NFZ, nor a military airport about 25 miles from me... Strange...

Having the same issue. I live within a mile of an airport that's been closed since 2011 and was demolised earlier this year. Yet DJI have it as a No Fly Zone. It's very annoying as it stops me flying from my house out to some nice fields and a few small lakes etc. I've emailed SJI but I'm not expecting anything.

Has anyone has ANY success with getting one of these errors corrected?

Try the Beta TestFlight and B4UFLY. Apps that the FAA is testing. I believe they have a way to change or notify incorrect NFZ

they're really fast and they already revised a NFZ that wasn't correct and took off on the next fw update. You can contact them from this page ("send us an email" on the bottom right of the page) mentioning the details of the NFZ
No Fly Zones | DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31