nose of red plane in app different to actual direction.

Reaction score
Newbie here. Three flights on P3p. All good so far. Got scared today when low battery warning commenced and quad went up 120mtrs in fail safe mode. Landed very heavily with a few heavy bounces but still upright when I turned off the motors. Scary experience.
Question from a newbie. Should my little red plane arrow nose on the app point in a different direction to the actual way the craft is pointing how is it corrected. Please provide reference point or utube tutorial link.
Reason: I suspected at times today it was up to 20 degrees out but doing a test tonight inside it is aligned perfectly but moving about the house I could see it go out of alignment by up to 20 degrees which I suspect is some type of magnetic interferences within the home. There must be a way of correcting non alignment should it happen?...thankyou in advance.

Got scared today when low battery warning commenced and quad went up 120mtrs in fail safe mode. Landed very heavily with a few heavy bounces but still upright when I turned off the motors.
You can prevent your Phantom from returning home by cancelling it when prompted in the DJI Pilot app. Or, press the RTH button on the front of the remote controller after the RTH process has been initiated. At the least, it's a good idea to manually take over when your Phantom is in sight so you can control the landing.

I could see it go out of alignment by up to 20 degrees which I suspect is some type of magnetic interferences within the home
Try calibrating the compass on your phone/tablet.

Was your tablet compass wrong and needing to be recalibrated?
Or perhaps you just didn't realise that you can toggle the map to show course up or north up by touching the compass needle icon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20