Nose Art...

While I have not tried putting any decals on my P2V, there are some good application tips at ColoradoSky's site:

http://www.uavstickers.com/application-tips.php

While these specifically are aimed at vinyl stickers and labels, many of the same principles apply...clean dry surface, tweezers, etc. Another great resource would be your local hobby shop...model railroaders especially deal with all manners of decals for road markings, loco labels..etc. And there are a lot of aids to help with this.."setting solutions", oversprays, etc. One real "Low-Tech" thing that occurs to me would be the use of clear nail polish....as will all things..."TEST" on a hidden surface FIRST...!!

Attachments

• nose art 22.jpg
    nose art 22.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 683
  • nose art11.jpg
    nose art11.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 521
NICE!!!!

I just changed mine a few days ago... Same bomb, different woman... :D

new-nose-art.jpg

new-nose-art02.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod and JR
gunslinger said:
I can't get a water-slide decal to stay on this thing. I'm not sure if the plastic is too smooth, or what. Do you think that a dab of water based clear sealer might work? Or a very carefully placed piece of transparent tape?

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I didn't do anything special. I do recall that the decal floated around a little as I applied it. But, as the water dried, it stayed in place.

Soak the decal just long enough for it to separate from the paper. If you soak it too long, it might not stick.

-- Roger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj