Premium Pilot
Reaction score
What's a fine aircraft without a little nose art? :) :D :lol:

nose-art02.jpg

nose-art03.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
outlaw704 said:
Excellent! Is that from ColoradoSky?

No... I found some nice nose art just the right size on eBay from this guy in Canada... I wonder if Colorado might be interested in producing some of this stuff...

-slinger

Takes me back to the time we were flying sorties over the Channel with a full load of Bouncing Betties....with the sky lit up from the sweeping searchlights and the fields of Flanders passing under our port side.....

Okay.....that was 100% artistic license and 99%BS....! I DO like what you have done, bet that gets a lot of comments from folks who remember when that was a part of every aircraft. Nice work!

Kick ***!

Darn. Another one of those, why didn't I think of that. lol. Cool man. I got a nice label machine with all different colors of tape. Now I just need a nice logo. :eek: One that will keep people from asking all those questions.

I made a water-slide decal for the front of my Phantom.

Unfortunately, part of it has gotten scraped off, but sometime I'll get around to replacing it. If I had covered it with a light coat of clear spray paint, it would have lasted longer.

You can buy water slide decal paper and find instructions online describing how to use it with an ink jet printer.

-- Roger

Totally bad ***! I never knew such cool water slide decals were even available. I just ordered a sheet of them with 42 of the WWII style nose decals. I wonder how they come out on flat black paint. I wouldn't mind putting one or two on my motorized bicycle.

Very Nice gunslinger!

Btw, do you have any additional images you could send them to me by email? I would like to add them to the new multicopter site some of us from here have been building for you guys. You know, maybe I should post a thread and collect images from other member's as well? Either way I positively would like some images of your P2V. [email protected]

jadebox said:

Unfortunately, part of it has gotten scraped off, but sometime I'll get around to replacing it. If I had covered it with a light coat of clear spray paint, it would have lasted longer.

You can buy water slide decal paper and find instructions online describing how to use it with an ink jet printer.

-- Roger

Very cool decal !!! :D

-slinger

flyNfrank said:
Very Nice gunslinger!

Btw, do you have any additional images you could send them to me by email? I would like to add them to the new multicopter site some of us from here have been building for you guys. You know, maybe I should post a thread and collect images from other member's as well? Either way I positively would like some images of your P2V. [email protected]

I have a bunch on three separate cards. Matter of fact if any of you guys are interested in any of them (I'm definitely not going to use them all, so if it's one I have no plans for...) I'd be willing to send it off to you for the price of a stamp...

-slinger

Here's the sheet I ordered off of ebay. I'll use a few of them for my Phantom, Blade 350 and motorized bicycle. I'll make the same offer and post up what I've got left over for anyone that wants one. If they don't find a good home they'll end up lost somewhere in the house.

Attachments

• pin ups.jpg
    pin ups.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 789
gunslinger said:
I have a bunch on three separate cards. Matter of fact if any of you guys are interested in any of them (I'm definitely not going to use them all, so if it's one I have no plans for...) I'd be willing to send it off to you for the price of a stamp...
-slinger

That's a pretty solid offer there sir. I've made the same offer. Not trying to one up you by any means. It's just what good people do for other good people. Seem to be some good people here on this forum. :)

RenoReno said:
Here's the sheet I ordered off of ebay. I'll use a few of them for my Phantom, Blade 350 and motorized bicycle. I'll make the same offer and post up what I've got left over for anyone that wants one. If they don't find a good home they'll end up lost somewhere in the house.

Luckily I have two of the same decal. I flew my P2V tonight and the decal is somewhere in the neighborhood... :lol:

I'll totally clean off that spot and try again..

-slinger...

RenoReno said:
gunslinger said:
-slinger

That's a pretty solid offer there sir. I've made the same offer. Not trying to one up you by any means. It's just what good people do for other good people. Seem to be some good people here on this forum. :)

Yup... This is probably the best forum I've been a part of. I cranked up the P2V tonight and that decal immediately spun right off the nose and disappeared. I'll very carefully add the second one and test... I really wanted a nice pic of my P2V airborne with the nose art in view... ah well...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Luckily I have two of the same decal. I flew my P2V tonight and the decal is somewhere in the neighborhood... :lol: I'll totally clean off that spot and try again..
-slinger...

Oh ****! Bummer! I haven't messed with these things since I was a kid and built model cars. Back in the day, I used to soak them floating in water till the water soaked up through the paper backing and released the glue. I'd mist the model with a spray bottle of water, then slide them off the sheet with a Q tip and position on the model the with the same Q tip. With a 2nd Q tip to hold them I'd use the wet Q tip to squeegee the water from under the decal. It worked well with static display models.

You think something different is needed with these?

jadebox said:

-- Roger

I can't get a water-slide decal to stay on this thing. I'm not sure if the plastic is too smooth, or what. Do you think that a dab of water based clear sealer might work? Or a very carefully placed piece of transparent tape?

-slinger

Well crap! Now I'm behind again. I'm off in search of the perfect "Nose Art" for my machine. Never thought of that.

I probably WON'T use a picture or drawing of a Global Hawk! :twisted:

The r/c car and truck community has loads of stickers for body shell decoration in all sizes and themes... search the local hobby stores or on ebay for them- they come in sheets, cost a few bucks, and you can cut them up to do whatever... like put some backbone instead of a wishbone on your Phantom:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj