Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

NORWAY regulations

Discussion in 'Rules and Regulations' started by AngryBird, Mar 1, 2016.

1. AngryBird

Hi all,
    Tomorrow I`m travelling to Norway and of course I`m taking my bird with me.
    If someone know any special regulations of using drones in Norway please share, I would be thankful.

2. costa777

I'm also going to Norway in May. Appreciate if you could share with us your experience taking the bird with you on flight, security check, on the field, etc. Thanks a lot.

3. Svein Jan M. Landsnes

4. nhoover

Thanks for posting. I just arrived in Norway a couple of days ago and it's great to have a reasonable set of regulations clearly documented.

5. bruinboy

Thanks for posting. I've read through them and it looks like you are free to fly (as long as you follow their guidelines). Has anyone taken their drone on a cruise? I talked to the cruise line and they told me I can bring it on board and leave it with security, but in order to take it off the ship I need to provide written permission from the country that I am allowed to fly it in their airspace. So I'm wondering if print the guidelines out is sufficient. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

@nhoover whereabouts in Norway did you fly?

Thanks

6. costa777

Hello, just back from Norway with my P3P last month. Here is the video I took:

And, a timelapse video of Norway:

7. Bella Melvin

Hi, I'm travelling to Norway in August, I was just wondering whether I need to register my drone in Norway or take out any kind of insurance, or if I will be ok if I am using it in quite a remote area and in my eye line etc. Any advice would be much appreciated.

8. kt909

Hi @costa777, your footages are amazing. May I know how can I register my drone to be able to fly in the remote area of Norway if I'm under RO 1 category? Hope to hear from you :). Thank you.

9. Norway By Air

Here are the main rules in Norway, simplified, but official: Drone Guide -
    This is the legal regulation: Forskrift om luftfartøy som ikke har fører om bord mv - Lovdata

Some of the rules not listed is also that the drone should be marked with name and phone number (§27), you should make a flight log (§25; flighttime, what drone, pilot, time and area). If you are under 16 years old, you need someone to be the legal responsible that is over 16 (§23). You are also supposed to have a operational manual (§24) and do maintenance according to the manufacturer (§26), and of course you have to be sober (§19).

You also need to declare that you know the rules and limits. This form: http://www.luftfartstilsynet.no/inc....pdf/BINARY/NF-1114E Declaration form RO1.pdf
    It should be sendt to postmottak@caa.no as an attachment. Read more: Godkjenning som RPAS-operatør -
    You do not have to apply for each single flight, you do this once, get an automatic reply, and are good to go!

Simple rules:
    • Min 5 km from airports
    • Must always fly in line of sight
    • Daytime only (no night-flying)
    • Max 120 m above ground
    • Min 150 m from people whom have not agreed to you (except take off and landing)
    Some sources claims you need to be 50 m away from single persons and other people's property (buildings/cars). I am not sure if these rules are still valid, the regulations has been changed a bit lately. This is the poster: http://luftfartstilsynet.no/incoming/droneplakat.pdf/BINARY/droneplakat.pdf

This is also a good Norwegian page, with a link to a slightly more difficult English page: Droner -

Please note that these rules are for the "RO 1" category. Heavier than 25kgs or faster than 60kts, other rules apply, such as you need to apply for a certification.

Hope this helped you out a bit!
    Feel free to watch some of my videos: Norway By Air