North Wales UK

Reaction score
Hi
I m from North Wales (Wrexham) Got phantom 4 but, am brand new. Had one flight so far but, ideally looking for others to meet and fly with - share tips etc. looked for a local club but, cant find NONE. All seem to be for gliders, helicopters etc. I don't want to do an expensive course as it is only for Me as a hobby but, a club to meet others and share tips would be great - is there one in North Wales ? If not then maybe we should make one - haha. I go to a field at moment to practice. Be nice if was a few others to fly and chat with - I feel like I'm missing out on tips and knowledge and a part social. Anyone from North Wales with any info on a club let me know please or maybe a few of us can arrange meet up. More fun in a group. I'm a mature male.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome from Shropshire.

If you have not already done so, check the CAA rules for flying UAV's.

Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). Click on the link to view their web site :-

British Model Flying Association

It costs £33 at the time of writing.

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice.

You might like to try the following apps.

The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play

And :-

No Fly Drones

If you have any questions just ask, but try doing a search first. Its more than likely it has already been asked.

If you fancy a meet then drop me a PM and we can sort something out. There is a flying field near me in Church Stretton and would be glad to help out with any queries.

how does the BMFA work - for £33 I get insurance ? I don't understand - also when looked at it - it talks about needing to be with a club - that is the problem - I'm looking for a club but, no club near me - North wales ....

I want a social part not just insured and fly on own in a field....

I want to be with a club else will be **** boring on own flying round a field. Also helps with others to gain knowledge and tips not just me trying figure out on own.

Ok kool - I'm about 10 mins away. Maybe we could meet up for a flight and learn some tips etc. shame no club as such but, meeting to get details andto use have a fly be great if you up for it. As I say I'm a beginner but, willing to learn to use it better.

Where do you usually go to fly... I been to the brymbo sport club fields to test but, would like to get good enough to film Llangollen aqueduct and panorama and castle etc.

What screen do you use and is their a cover or something for controller to help see screen and reduce glare etc.

Ok great
If you send me a private email (address as my previous message) I'll give you my number we can have a chat

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan