North Cackalacky!!!!!! NC, USA

Reaction score
Well techinically I now live in South Carolina, USA. However that being said I'm Ohio born and North Carolina bred, AND I live in upstate SC close to NC and work in NC so I'm claiming NC!!!!!!!!!!

Bought the P3S, loved the drone but hated the range and wifi to controller connection so I went upscale as far as I could and grabbed a P4.

The plot thickens when the drone arrives in the kit with 2 batts, and a hard coffin box case in addition to the nicer P4 standard ( styrofoam / latching) shipping container than the p3 gets. It has the EU label on the box and the EU charging pigtail.... I freak.

Ok i have the US version of the power cable, I'm a computer nerd, I have power cords galore and of course have the classic sony boombox / dvd player power cable, so I CAN charge it. I set the batts charging and immediately reach out to DJI via chat and phone.

DJI responds after a fashion on both fronts both chat and phone , that the drone will recognize its position via GPS (duh of course it will) and that the firmware will select FCC vs CE mode in the transmitter power so range SHOULD not be an issue.

Flown a few times around my area and have definitely gotten better range than the P3S which isn't saying much, but sometimes I do wonder if the P3A gets better range..... Oh well I think she'll do just fine , and if necessary i'll do an ITE dbs mod...

Well cheers everyone that's my tumultuous intro and forray into the world of RC UAVs :)

Justin

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Justin.
Being bred in Durham and now here not sure what that makes me but
I still claim NC also .Look around and need anything just ask . Your in
the best forum you could get in .:)

Reactions: BigAl07
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Justin! I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Congrats on the new P4! :)

Reactions: BigAl07
Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Fellow TarHeel right here. I live up in the mountains of WNC.

What kind of range are you getting with your aircraft? I would think it should be a good deal better than the P3S range given the right circumstances and conditions.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I haven't been pushing the range too much just yet, as the P3S has next to no range by comparison I'm not quite used to flying her that far. That being said, transmitting through a small copse of pine trees I still reached 878ft @ 225' of altitude.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj