Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. DronEdge

Just got the P4 last week. I really like it vs the P3P but I have a couple issues.

The first and most annoying, I am constantly getting motor overspeed warning whenever I am in Sport mode and at full speed while trying to climb even a little. As soon as the overspeed warning comes on the drone steers right until I stop trying to climb. Anyone else had this issue?

Second is the rudder sensitivity. I find it difficult to make smooth transitions when using rudder and strafe. The P3P had no issues whatsoever. I have played with gain but it has only slightly improved. Still not happy with it.

I've worn out my P3P and I really like the new model but these two items are quite annoying. I'd love to see if its defective or normal.

2. thunderbird

I get motor overload when I'm being aggressive on sports mode but only had it once after that I never make aggressive turn on sports mode

3. Blue Bird

The overload warning is now implemented into the latest firmware. To get rid of this, you will have to downgrade to last version I believe.
    The first version of FW for the P4 did not include this warning and I know for sure that it did not limit the sport mode at all unless internal settings were incorrect.
    Good luck!,,, BB..

4. Dirty Bird

The hyper-sensitive yawing in Sport Mode is annoying. I wrote DJI inquiring about automatically implementing user-configurable dual rates when in Sport Mode but received no response. Running 288 firmware I haven't seen the overspend warnings.

#4 Dirty Bird, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
    Blue Bird likes this.
  5. Blue Bird

Dirty Bird, I do believe it has something to do with the battery FW. I did notice on the first run of FW, the battery did not update. When updating to the latest, I got this warning on my personal P4. I downgraded and I am no longer getting the warning and can run in sport for about 10 seconds solid. Now it seems that it is limited to about 3 seconds with the latest FW. before warning. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that is accurate for me.