Noobie question about beginner mode and "out of range"

Reaction score
I have a whopping six flights with my P3A, love it. I'm flying in beginner mode and occasionally I ge a message "max flight distance reached" so I know I've outstepped my boundaries. Today, on my second flight, along with that message I got a message "out of range". I don't remember getting that one in the past.
Is the "out of range" message a secondary warning to the max flight distance reached, or is it relating to some other problem? I had 17 satellites and Safe to Fly never changed.
A second problem happened on my first flight today, the video froze shortly after takeoff. It corrected itself after about 2 minutes. I'm using an iPad Air2 and app version 2.8.2. The AC and RC are up to date. I know some have had problems with the latest version of the GO app but after my batteries charge I'm going to see if the video freeze happens again. Thanks for the help.

I would recommend turning off beginner mode and remove the max distance limit, I think they are an unnecessary complication. If you have a GPS malfunction and your Phantom thinks that it is somewhere else than it actually is, it might even prohibit you to fly home manually (in Atti-mode). But keep the max altitude limit on (I have mine pinned to 250 meters) as it is all too easy to accidentally climb up where you might actually run into VFR air traffic.

I am not sure what causes you video freeze. I get video freezes a couple of times during every flight, but they are very brief, lasting for for no more than half a second or so (P3A + iPhone 6 Plus). I suppose they are caused by momentary channel switch or something, so I am not too worried about them - but two minutes? Hm, that would make me nervous...

//Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj