Noobie query

Reaction score
Greetings Et All:

New to this forum, no rookie to other forums, no excuses cant locate a thread on this .. I know search is your best friend LOL.

Yes I have searched but to no avail, I am new owner of PV2+ .. Im hooked BUT after flt 6 of course, I got cocky and had a prang ! argh had complete dislocation and amputation from horizontal gimbal ... first query does this make me unbalanced, gimballed or an a candidate for paraolympics ? .. dont answer that ;>)

Question .. I ordered a new cam cause I cant glue it back into the housing <insert expletives> ...

The drone after re-calibration fly's ~ ok I think. A bit of a drift in hover and lift off with low slow power on, this is possibly due to complete removal of Camera and mount and C of G changed .. the landing gear kinda too a beating but straightened out but a bit "tippy" .. new ones ordered .

Long story short I cant phantom wifi to iphone hell cant even see it in Wifi.. is this expected without camera connected ... or do I have BIGGER problem.

This UAV stuff is addictive ...

You need the camera data board to feed the wifi module with video and telemetry data. Without it you aren't going to get a feed. Also, if you have pranged your bird you will probably need to do an advanced IMU calibration. This must be done on a completely level surface (checked with a spirit level). If your landing gear is out-of-whack then you won't be able to do this properly and your IMU data will be incorrect.

Please accept my sympathies, after a few flights it's all too easy to get cocky and start trying to fly beyond your capabilities. I should know, I did it after about seven successful flights. I was practising manoeuvring around the garden at about 8 feet up, I got it badly wrong and the bird shot sideways and buried itself into a Leylandii. I was very lucky, I got a step ladder and fished it out of the bush and it was undamaged apart from a cracked prop guard and a couple of damaged props. I did have to do an advanced IMU calibration though before I could get it to fly properly.

I hope this helps, Squint. Good luck.

Ah 7 is an unlucky number I KNEW IT ! LOL. Yup pretty much same senario .. someone should do something with those phantom eating trees !

Hey that helps out LOTS ! as I suspected the cam wifi link was a culprit, thanks for confirmation.

I did do a advanced IMU but think your correct the very minor change with LG and IMU is the problem with drift, to that end I will cool my jets until the new LG, props, and <ouch> new cam ordered and installed and IMU recal.

heck I need some PC time anyway to figure out how to cut, clip, insert and add muzac to my vids as I do have enough footage to play.

Thing is in AB were are having awesome flying weather right now (leaves changing) besides I feel like a kid again with this "cool kids toy".

ichybeard wishing you: Blue Skys and Calm Air

I wonder if it would be worth it to send the cam for an estimate to DJI ? ... the e tape connector and remount on the horizontal gimbal, it doesn't look to be a huge fix ... hmmm a spare working part or resale to a forum member .. as I am sure I am not the only cocky pilot out there ;>)

Well... there is stabilizing software that takes a gittering video and stabilizes it somewhat. Before gimbal, people were making very good videos.
Very sorry for the smash.

Very soon will be a kit from another company that lets you install any cameras you want on the Quad, with cellphone app. That is another option.

Hope you get it flying good. Step one.

Gimbal, is not nimble, that's for sure.

Did your strap tear apart too, that goes to the camera?

New cam installed, after re-installing LG, IMU advanced reset/recal ... wondering now as cam red light on top, red light on cam BUT when L R Yaw tested the cam deviates .. is this the way it is as I did not notice this before .. weird ?

Too windy to test fly right now .

If I understand your question correctly, when you move the yaw left or right the camera moves slightly left or right as well. If this is what your asking, then yes that is what it is supposed to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj