Noobie got Hooked

Reaction score

My first photo on third flight. I am really hooked. My wife is pretty sure I have lost my mind with all the research and watching P4 videos for weeks. I need to extend many thanks to so many of you. I have been lurking around for weeks trying to learn from everyone's experiences, which I have. I finally made the plunge last week on a P4 and now have three flights under my belt. I spent a month and a half with a cheap $50 quad being I never flew anything but coach. Glad I did both. My first flight was one of the most nerve racking and exhilarating thing I have done. I did have one question. I literally was shaking like a crackhead my first two flights,not as bad on the third. When does the shaking stop? Hello and cheers from NC!

The adrenaline rush reduces after a few tens of hours, but never goes away... The cheapo quad is a **** good idea, I think.
I got Litchi, now the missions (both planning and flying) give me a whole new adrenaline rush.
My wife has done an enormous amount of eye rolling at my obsession, but is impressed by my Phantom after the cheapo quad, she thinks I've developed skills, I'm reluctant to tell her it's all down to DJI...

I've had it in RC for 25 years and over 30 in full scale. Welcome to my world. :)

BTW, it gets worse. There is no cure except acquiring more and more planes, helis, and multis. It's a vicious cycle that never ends.

Reactions: Neon Euc

My first photo on third flight. I am really hooked. My wife is pretty sure I have lost my mind with all the research and watching P4 videos for weeks. I need to extend many thanks to so many of you. I have been lurking around for weeks trying to learn from everyone's experiences, which I have. I finally made the plunge last week on a P4 and now have three flights under my belt. I spent a month and a half with a cheap $50 quad being I never flew anything but coach. Glad I did both. My first flight was one of the most nerve racking and exhilarating thing I have done. I did have one question. I literally was shaking like a crackhead my first two flights,not as bad on the third. When does the shaking stop? Hello and cheers from NC!

BTW, where are you in NC if you don't mind my asking. Mine should be obvious now that I asked. :)

That's a great photo.

The flying ebee jeebees will always be there to some extent, but you will gain more confidence in the Phantom as you get more flights under your belt. In the beginning I would arrive at a flight spot and chicken out because it was over water, or a deep canyon that I could never retrieve the craft if it went down. Today I fly spots like that ALL THE TIME because I've got over a 1.5mil feet logged and never a problem with P3P or P4. However, every time I land, it's a relief it's down and safe..... to some extent. It's always possible to collide with a bird, especially seagulls at the beach (my favorite flying areas). Today I look for the most daring flight areas I can find, but not around people or housing. This summer I was in 25mph winds chasing a kite surfer, great adventure. I found wild horses also, out in the desert of Nevada. My wife knows I'm obsessed, but she supports it because she loves the videos the Phantom creates.

You're right, John, but over time it turns more into exileration that anxiety I think. There's always that sense of security when she's back on the pad though. That never goes away. You also get, as you said, a lot braver as time goes on and confidence builds. You just have to learn to keep yourself in check and not let that confidence turn into stupid. I've been there a few times too. ;)

Where are you in NC? I'm in SC just across the state line, Lake Wylie area, and work in Charlotte! I recently lurked over the stadium and around uptown to get a couple videos myself.. *flamesuit activate*

Panther Stadium
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

BofA Tower
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome picture btw. I need to read up on lighitng, filters, exposure settings for stills and video. Thankfully my video software could clean up the uptown vids i posted. They were terribly harsh fresh off the drone. I think I might want some filters to help with harsh sun lighting too

Good pic! I love the DJI x3 lens flares. They are so easy to grab and just beautiful. Don't know why anyone would want to polarize those.

That's a great photo.

The flying ebee jeebees will always be there to some extent, but you will gain more confidence in the Phantom as you get more flights under your belt. In the beginning I would arrive at a flight spot and chicken out because it was over water, or a deep canyon that I could never retrieve the craft if it went down. Today I fly spots like that ALL THE TIME because I've got over a 1.5mil feet logged and never a problem with P3P or P4. However, every time I land, it's a relief it's down and safe..... to some extent. It's always possible to collide with a bird, especially seagulls at the beach (my favorite flying areas). Today I look for the most daring flight areas I can find, but not around people or housing. This summer I was in 25mph winds chasing a kite surfer, great adventure. I found wild horses also, out in the desert of Nevada. My wife knows I'm obsessed, but she supports it because she loves the videos the Phantom creates.

Well, on my first flight it was a bit windy and I said, WTH, let see what it can do. I was blown away how stable it was. I'm mean" holy COW!"

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
To let you know why I got the P4, I am a landscape photog wanting to do something out of the box. Well, I am now out of the box with this thing. I also can see videos in my near future. Full disclosure, the posted shot is 5 bracketed images from the P4 and PP in photoshop. I am pretty happy being it was my first camera attempt while shaking like a crackhead. Good thing that camera never moved. I have much to learn both flying and the P4 camera.

Pic 1.jpg
Pic 2.jpg

I think we all go through that with our wife's. I had a knee surgery my kids bought me a small helicopter. Now there are 7 different types of drones in the house. When I can't fly my phantom. I turn to my Syma x8c or kaideng k70. They are **** near as fun to fly as the phantom.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers