Noobie from Pa

Reaction score
i just purchased a brand new phantom 3. I am so excited!!! I had questions before I get started.

I am just planning on flying it for fun/hobby.
What are the rules I need to be aware of?

From looking on the forum I know I have to register with the FAA.

Altitude of 400ft? I've seen people say there is no altitude limit and you can go higher?

What apps should I download for flyzones or since I'm a hobbiest user I don't need to worry about no fly zones?

I did download an app and it looks like I'm a no fly zone? The nearest airport is over 5 miles away though?

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

What are the rules I need to be aware of?
You can find the FAA's laws here and their guidelines (suggestions) here. It would be wise to follow the guidelines.

I know I have to register with the FAA.
You can register on the FAA's website here.

Altitude of 400ft? I've seen people say there is no altitude limit and you can go higher?
You can technically fly up to 500 meters over top of the takeoff point. However, the FAA would like hobbyists to fly no higher than 400 feet AGL.

So if I'm a hobbiest do I need to notify airports and helipad locations with in 5 miles every time I plan on flying for 25 mins? I'm looking at the app and literally everything is a no fly zone due to airport or helipad????

Attachments

• IMG_1502.PNG
    IMG_1502.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20