Noob with strange sound

Reaction score
Hello all , I have flown my new Phantom 3s 8 -10 times since Christmas. Beside having to configure the compass 4 different times I have had no issues with the unit until today. There was a whirring sound that seemed to be coming from the gimbal. The gimbal was making small jerky movements that matched the sounds.
I havent crashed or hit anything. No hard landings or tree knocks. Have kept it in a cabinet when not in use. I have used the usb port on the camera, and it was 40• and sunny today. Strange. Any thoughts?

Phantom gimbals always make lots of noise. You'll need to post a video so we can hear what you're describing if you'd like us to comment on your specific situation.

image.png
image.png
Thanks msinger. Here is a video and 2 screen grabs

Those are normal P3S gimbal sounds. It looks like your gimbal is not sitting completely level (or maybe it's just the angle in your video). If it's not level, try running the gimbal calibration in DJI GO.

Thank you for you help. It was in the back of my mind that maybe it was normal. It flew well and took good pics and vids. Just needed to be sure. Thanks again.

Oh yeah, I an old noob with quite a colorful vocabulary. All language has been PG-13. According to my son, you're allowed one F bomb in a PG-13 movie. I tree'd my Syma practice quad last month and learned a good lesson. Luckily Im being smart and staying in the beginner boundaries.

Do most people use propeller guards? I did not purchase them because my quad is actually hanging from its prop guard.

Those aren't "normal " gimbal or AC noises.I have ALL 3 of the P3 line up and have NEVER heard that sound. I would recalibrate the gimbal first and check the IMU.

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Ack714
Those aren't "normal " gimbal or AC noises.I have ALL 3 of the P3 line up and have NEVER heard that sound. I would recalibrate the gimbal first and check the IMU.

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app
I agree. That sound is far from any sort of "normal" sound that I've ever heard from a gimbal. Granted, I don't have a Standard but I can't imagine it is meant to sound that terrible.

Reactions: Ack714

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1