Noob with control stick question..

Reaction score
Hi all, been playing with cheap toy choppers for years and finally ordered a P3S! It hasn't arrived yet but I noticed the different modes for switching the throttle to the right stick. Obviously when it gets here I'll figure out what works for me but I'm just wondering what everyone else uses and why? I feel like it will be more intuitive with throttle on the right stick for some reason..

Sounds like you are referring to the 'control modes' found here:
RC Transmitter Modes for Airplanes

It may come down to a generational thing.

Most r/c units in the states are sold Mode 2 with some newer [computer or programmable] models allowing you to change such as you find here.

Older users like myself were born and raised on Mode 2 while younger 'gamers' may be more adapt to Mode 1.

So in this personal customization world we are in now it comes down to a personal preference as to which is best.
(Like Beer or Ford/Chevy)

I can't speak for the P3S, but on the P3P the sticks can be setup how you want them.

I have found the best for me is: right stick = Forward and backwards and rotate left, rotate right. Left stick = up, down, slide left, slide right. Like he said, it's personal preference.

I haven't tried it, but there is a setting for the P3S to change the controls. I just leave mine on the default.

Thanks for the replies! I realise it's all personal preference in the end, I'm just bored waiting for it to arrive.. I like the idea of having forwards/back and pivot on the same stick so you can move forward and change heading with the same stick.. Anyone care to explain why they use the setting they do?

Contrary to what was said earlier I suspect most young gamers will be mode 2. The amount of concentration to have forward/back and rotate on one thumb is a lot vs your mind using one thumb for forward/back and the other for rotational.
(Disclaimer I am a young gamer and have next to no understanding of the human brain I may be completely wrong)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't want to change my heading while I'm changing my elevation and vice versa but with rotation and forward/back on the same stick I can easily make adjustments if I need to with just one stick to focus on, that's my thinking anyway.. It will boil down to what gets the smoothest footage in the end tho!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj