NOOB simple question Ph-2 + Feiyu Mini3d + Hero4 - How to wire??

Reaction score
My partner just ordered this for me to figure out. The physical mounting I get.

I have no clue how to hook up the wires to the Phantom 2! Power source? The instructions here: MINI3D pretty much end at the 'mystery receiver'.

I would be happy to just get power to the thing so it's stabilized and not floppy and loose! Any ideas on what I need to purchase? Or do I just find a red/black somewhere in the Phantom and draw it down to the harness that the Feiyu comes with?

Thanks in advance. I don't see the similar post I made last night here, if it was deleted because of the wrong forum please let me know.

Hi Bungalocity,
see this
You have to solder the power wires (GND and +12V) to the battery solder points inside the P2. Or much better, you attach a pigtail cable to the P2 and use the proper connector to plug it into the gimbal power. That's it, as long as you don't want to have tilt control from the remote...
HTH

Thanks for the reply Anteres,
So somewhere I need to find a diagram of where those points are under the P2 hood. In the video he keeps talking about being able to choose one of three programs for direction from a receiver. How do I choose one of those settings if it's just hooked to power?

Or better yet...a link to a model of receiver that I could put inside/outside the P2 so I could choose one of those functions? I tried to plug the P2's 8-pin connector into the gimbal and I smelled burning plastic from inside one of the copter arms so that can't be right

Thanks for the reply Anteres,
So somewhere I need to find a diagram of where those points are under the P2 hood. In the video he keeps talking about being able to choose one of three programs for direction from a receiver. How do I choose one of those settings if it's just hooked to power?

When you open the hood you will instantly see two thick wires like AWG10 coming from underneath the circuit board and being soldered to it. This is where you get your power from.

I just installed the 2d....I tied into the main power wires off the battery where it comes into the board..also made the mistake of plugging the zenmuse connector in and burnt up a small chip..it still flies so not sure what it damaged...u can then plug the blue wire from the gimbal harness into f2 on the controller that sits ontop the board to control your gimbal tilt. That's what I did anyways

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is how I power my tarot t2 gimbal but you can power yours feiyu gimbal too

Hope it may help

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20