Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Noob Questions

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Pfgking, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Pfgking

Hey everyone!

I recently got a Phantom 3, and flew it a few times. It works and runs great!

However, I noticed that there are a lot of terms and things (like ATTI), and i was wondering if someone could explain these terms or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Pfg

2. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

ATTI is attitude mode. I am not trying to sound like dick (I want to you to be a successful flyer ;)), but I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the manual as it will teach you all about ATTI and lots of other pertinent info needed to fly your quad safely & properly. Keep in mind that is a lot of money zipping around, you want to know all about it before you use it.

clkilljoy likes this.
  3. Pfgking

Thank you! I will be sure to look.

4. Marlin009

ATTI is short for attitude mode. The quad will maintain altitude and orientation but not position without input from you.

Suggest you download the manual and read it. Twice. ;)

5. Marlin009

Not dick like at all. :D

FYWTM just doesn't seem to roll off the keyboard the same way. Maybe it will grow on me. :D

6. mrburris

Watch a lot of You Tubes on drones in general and the Phantom in particular.

7. rwakins

If a new flyer can't ask a question without getting a arrogant question, it kills open discussion

dalebb likes this.
  8. Havavision

We were all new pilots at one time. I have asked my fair share of dumb questions. Still do. Most will help you without any sarcasm. This is a great forum. Jerry.

9. rwakins

I'm glad to hear that there are some nice pilots here LuvMyTJ is ready trying to get me throw out.

Pfgking and dalebb like this.
  10. robinb

I have my manual on computer desk top and keep checking bits as its easy to forget some bits, unfortunately the manual is not complete and there are lots of undocumented features.

11. 30secs

Is that a Chinese misprint that caught on? Shouldn't it be alt for altitude mode? Attitude.. Ha

12. snerd

Attitude flying is a simple concept which is used in both airplane and helicopter flying. The way it works is that the pitch attitude of the aircraft determines the forward speed, and power determines the altitude.

http://www.copters.com/pilot/attitude.html

30secs likes this.
  13. sergekouper

In simple words,
    Attitude vs GPS mode:
    In GPS mode when you release both sticks, the phantom stops where it is (more or less)
    In Atti, it carries on drifting due to the force of its inertia, and can be (and is) carried away by the wind as well, but the altitude is (quite) maintained.
    Gps is constantly correcting everything, which can be annoying sometimes when you try to shoot a very smooth video (problem less visible now with 3axis gimbals)
    ATTI helps for smoother video and faster speeds but require better skills on sticks.