Noob Question on Prop hiding in video

Reaction score
Hey Phantom Pilots.
I am complete new and never flew anything before.
Going to get my first P2V+ Sunday and training from vendor here in INDIA.

Have been reading manual's and watching videos since last few days on do's and don'ts.
Got a quick query on How you guys avoid the props in the video?
Do you Prefer GPS or ATTI mode for better smooth video recording operation ?

Have been searching through a lot of threads here but search seem not b coming up on this topics or rather comes random so thought to put up straight.

To keep the props out of the video, keep the camera pointing down at an angle and be smooth and gentle on the stick when sending the Phantom forwards. You will also find that if you yaw (rotate) too hard the landing gear will come into view.

You'll soon get used to it. I bet you can't wait for Sunday, eh? Happy flying.

I find that when I yaw clockwise, the left landing gear comes into picture, so I tend to yaw more anticlockwise for video. I am no expert.

Geert said:
ATT mode will result in smoother video in some cases, however , I would not recommend to fly in ATT mode to start with.
Start flying in GPS mode until you feel confident, learn how your Phantom reacts on your stick inputs.
Good luck and have fun.

Well said, Geert. That's good advice.

Thanks a lot for the quick advise.
I was thinking on the same to counter tilt or yaw while moving towards that direction slowly.
Well fingers crossed. Watching more and more videos and reading how to's.

I still am looking forward to find info about FCE / CE mode and what should be the best being in INDIA.

atomicmak said:
I still am looking forward to find info about FCE / CE mode and what should be the best being in INDIA.

FCC mode gives you more range because it boosts the transmitter power from 25 milliwatts to 100 milliwatts. If you use CE mode you won't be ablle to fly very far at all. You can tell which mode the transmitter is in when you turn it on. If it "beeps" twice then it is in FCC mode, but it might be a good idea to install the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.2 and the Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1, which can be downloaded from here ....

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vi ... s/download

Then you can check that FCC mode is selected there too.

If your computer runs windows then you will need to install the DJI WIN Driver first.

Then you should check your RC controller calibration and mode using the Phantom RC Assistant Software (it connects using the little USB port on the bottom of the controller).

After you have done that you should connect the Phantom using the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software (it connects using the usb port on the front of the Phantom). Check the stick calibration in there too. You will also be able to check for firmware updates and battery status etc.

The RC Controller and the Phantom must be turned on before they will connect to the software. Never turn your Phantom on without turning your RC controller on first. If you turn on your Phantom inside your house then take the props off first.

Have fun on sunday. All the best

Itchy

Pacific Barbarian said:
I find that when I yaw clockwise, the left landing gear comes into picture, so I tend to yaw more anticlockwise for video. I am no expert.
Installing the longer landing gear which is curved out goes a long way to avoiding this.

atomicmak said:
Hey Phantom Pilots.
Got a quick query on How you guys avoid the props in the video?
Do you Prefer GPS or ATTI mode for better smooth video recording operation ?

Hi atomicmak, to avoid prop shadows the key is to NOT fly into the sun, if you must do as the others say and point the camera down slightly. Another option is to purchase a lens hood which i have to get around to buying myself, like these. http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=vision++lens+hood
My video here was shot in gps mode.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1SM9JE08JM[/youtube]

Atti mode is smoother than gps mode but in my opinion gps mode is plenty good enough, the 3 axis gimball on the vision+ does a really good job of smoothing the video out, you just need to learn to yaw slowly, a good tip is to move the left stick between your thumb and index finger low down on the shaft.

Thanks UKFlyer

Nice video hope I'll keep on practising a lot to know the secret of smooth video without any kiss to death :)

Had a good day first flight was good. Although no video or photo just made three four flight test and orientation flying test and all went good.

Feeling excited to make short video clip tomorrow.
Returning with case and p2v+ to my city tonight ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.