Noob question. Flight handling

Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought a p3 advance. Loving every min of it. Ive been doing lots of reading and watching lots of videos and wanted to ask a question. Lets say i have perfect flying conditions and have the p3 in p gps mode. Is there any manovers i can do that will cause my drone to crash? The reason i ask is im getting more adventures and trying new things at faster speeds. Should i be cautious of any manovers? Thanks in advance this forum is an awsome place, very infomative
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The only 'maneuver' which could cause a crash which does not involve colliding with another object is the CSC.

This combo (same as motor start) will cause instant motor shut-off which is not recoverable (in most situations).

Well looks like my spell check did not pick that up *Maneuver*. Thanks n01rw that did cross my mind, i assumed it had some sort of failsafe preventing it. Lucky i never tested it. Would have been an expensive mistake. Apart from that then im very impressed with the handling. Ive thrown it around a few times and absolutly loved the responce.

Well looks like my spell check did not pick that up *Maneuver*. Thanks n01rw that did cross my mind, i assumed it had some sort of failsafe preventing it. Lucky i never tested it. Would have been an expensive mistake. Apart from that then im very impressed with the handling. Ive thrown it around a few times and absolutly loved the responce.

I was not picking on your spelling!

It was more that CSC really isn't a maneuver per se.

The fail-safe is that the crossed-up nature of the CSC itself is not one you would ever encounter in flight.
If it were to occur it would be one of a panic situation as you have long lost control at that point.

Reactions: kontek
Fair question to ask, in case any of us here has executed a maneuver that seemed to upset the stability of the craft, or that wasn't easily recovered from. That said, this is not a sport aircraft and I really wouldn't recommend jerking the Phantom around the sky to "see what she can do". It's a flying camera.

Also, the GPS and features intended to keep the craft oriented and stable will NOT keep you from just driving it right into the ground. Don't trust the altitude holding capabilities enough to fly around at full throttle 2 feet off the ground. There are no collision avoidance features built into the Phantom, including the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl