Noob Please help .. how to fix this issued drone crash!

Reaction score
Hi all

Need help with any information with my crash drone as I am in Australia and don't have any DJI customer service in here

Today I am a flight with my drone and accidentally I hit a tree and crashed, don't know what to do and so frustrated with this issued.
What next step I have to take to fix this issued?
And is there someone in here have any similar problem with me in Australia and placed where to go?
This product still under warranty 1 years.

I put a photo .. maybe someone can help me, to tell me how bad the damage is
When i switch on .. there is sound like a beep beep ..
i tried to put video in this file but said file too large ..

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    500.5 KB · Views: 309
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    472.6 KB · Views: 377
I know there are several of your fellow countrymen on here that can give you more specific advice, but mine would be to find an authorized DJI seller in your area to see if they do repairs. Kudos to you for saying it was an accident, most deny any wrong doing and head straight for the "glitch". Hope you have it fixed soon and back in the air!

Greetings! I too had similar damage to my P4. Mine however, flipped upside down and flew into the ground from 200 feet. It had gimbal damage and two of the arms bent similar to yours. However , mine flew OK after I swapped out the props. If you send it to DJI, they are going to say it was pilot error whether the logs prove it or not and charge you for repairs and then send you back a different drone. In my case, it only took 4 days to "repair" and send back but I paid immediately via PayPal the $239.00 US and then they sent me a new drone. However, they are still claiming pilot error because there were no log files on the drone! You might check out this site, DJI Phantom 4 Drone | Buy Drones from Modelflight. I think they are in Australia but not sure. If not, try to Google up dji repair in Australia. Might find someone local who can fix it. I would hate to have to send mine back to DJI here because of their customer service. They are terrible.
Good Luck,
Jim
WA5TEF
Saltillo, MS USA

Hi, I sent mine to an authorised dealer in Sydney and they sent it to DJI repair which is in Melbourne.takes 3 weeks for them to assess it and once you pay, they will repair for approximately 10 working days

Hi all

Need help with any information with my crash drone as I am in Australia and don't have any DJI customer service in here

Today I am a flight with my drone and accidentally I hit a tree and crashed, don't know what to do and so frustrated with this issued.
What next step I have to take to fix this issued?
And is there someone in here have any similar problem with me in Australia and placed where to go?
This product still under warranty 1 years.

I put a photo .. maybe someone can help me, to tell me how bad the damage is
When i switch on .. there is sound like a beep beep ..
i tried to put video in this file but said file too large ..

Hi Antonius
I am currently doing Remote Pilot License certification in Sydney. During the course we learned that the first thing you should do is to make a risk assessment and if your drone is unserviceable then do not fly i8t in any case. Now coming to warranty, DJI is a chinese company and I think you should fill a "Repair Application Form" which is on their website. You should be able to find it.

Hi Antonius
I am currently doing Remote Pilot License certification in Sydney. During the course we learned that the first thing you should do is to make a risk assessment and if your drone is unserviceable then do not fly i8t in any case. Now coming to warranty, DJI is a chinese company and I think you should fill a "Repair Application Form" which is on their website. You should be able to find it.

Thank you Tamir for your reply ..

I am tried to find and apply with online form but unfortunately there are no available service for Australia, can you please provide me a link regarding this repair online? that would be great ..

Hi, I sent mine to an authorised dealer in Sydney and they sent it to DJI repair which is in Melbourne.takes 3 weeks for them to assess it and once you pay, they will repair for approximately 10 working days
Next time deal with DJI direct (online chat). I had mine back in a week door to door (I'm in Sydney).

Greetings! I too had similar damage to my P4. Mine however, flipped upside down and flew into the ground from 200 feet. It had gimbal damage and two of the arms bent similar to yours. However , mine flew OK after I swapped out the props. If you send it to DJI, they are going to say it was pilot error whether the logs prove it or not and charge you for repairs and then send you back a different drone. In my case, it only took 4 days to "repair" and send back but I paid immediately via PayPal the $239.00 US and then they sent me a new drone. However, they are still claiming pilot error because there were no log files on the drone! You might check out this site, DJI Phantom 4 Drone | Buy Drones from Modelflight. I think they are in Australia but not sure. If not, try to Google up dji repair in Australia. Might find someone local who can fix it. I would hate to have to send mine back to DJI here because of their customer service. They are terrible.
Good Luck,
Jim
WA5TEF
Saltillo, MS USA
DJI doesn't have to blame the OP, he has already said it was his fault. 200ft fall and it flew with a prop change? What did it land on? Fairy floss?

Good Luck,
Jim
WA5TEF
Saltillo, MS USA
Thank you for your information, what about 1 year warranty .. can this product covered?
So you mentioned with you paying $239, they send you a new drone like a brand new?

Australia is pretty terrible as well for this kind of issued, as i trying to google but still no luck.

So with your case, do you get your drone back to you or still with them?

I know there are several of your fellow countrymen on here that can give you more specific advice, but mine would be to find an authorized DJI seller in your area to see if they do repairs. Kudos to you for saying it was an accident, most deny any wrong doing and head straight for the "glitch". Hope you have it fixed soon and back in the air!
Thanks! Hope this will sort it out soon .. back on the air again!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl