Noob Needs Help with New(to me) Pro 3

Reaction score
I got a 3 Pro from a friend. It may have had a crash (waiting to hear back) as one of the propellers was slightly damaged. I replaced all 4 with new DJI propellers.

Booted everything up (after reading all the manuals) and had to do multiple rounds of controller updates. Now overall status is normal. Did not do any drone updates. Using app version 3.1.1 on iOS iPhone6 (can also us an old Nexus 7 tablet, if that would work better) land the remote version is 1.8.0.

It seems to boot ok, but I get the constant flashing yellow status lights and the app says 'RC signal lost'. I still get a live camera feed though.

Radio channel quality cycles between good and poor, even if the remote is 2' from the drone.

I have not been able to start the motors or make the drone do anything. I've looked on some of the other topics where there is one of these issues, and so far, no dice.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

had to do multiple rounds of controller updates. Now overall status is normal. Did not do any drone updates.
You should always install the latest Phantom firmware before installing new remote controller firmware. Try downgrading your remote controller firmware like this and follow these instructions exactly to upgrade your firmware.

That worked! Despite what the manual said, I had to upgrade the drone using the .bin on the microSD card, before upgrading the controller via the app, but now it all seems to work.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers