Noob here who needs advice

Maybe try hand catching if you are up for it. Just grab the landing gear with 1 hand and push the left throttle down with the other. It will save any chance of tipping over. Or just get some prop guards.

GeneralKitFisto said:
I want to get a little more experience before I fly it that close to my face...
Done correctly it never gets that close to your face. Always have the quad over your head at arms length and just in front of you. If done properly it is a safe operation. If done wrong there can be very bad results.
You have taken the best choice, learn more, first.
Fly safe and enjoy.

GeneralKitFisto said:
The key is that you don't fly close to your face.
You bring the bird down and above eye height as happy said.
You leave it hovering and you step towards the Phantom and reach up to it it rather than flying it to you.

Meta4 said:
GeneralKitFisto said:
You leave it hovering and you step towards the Phantom and reach up to it it rather than flying it to you.
I might try that later

GeneralKitFisto said:
Meta4 said:
GeneralKitFisto said:
I might try that later
:D
I like hand catching mine by the battery, but the leg works too. Here's a video about compass calibration but shows how easy and fun these birds can be to hand catch.

http://youtu.be/WkFo9OHOTk4

MHL

GeneralKitFisto said:
Meta4 said:
GeneralKitFisto said:
I might try that later
You'll know when ya ready Youngblood ! Ain't forgot about that video ya gonna put up !

Just took the videos. Forgot to save them to my photos until after I turned the camera off and put it in the case. I'll do that when I get home.

GeneralKitFisto said:
Just took the videos. Forgot to save them to my photos until after I turned the camera off and put it in the case. I'll do that when I get home.
Ya don't have to save them to your photo's in your phone Youngblood as that takes awhile !! Just pull your SD Card and download them to your computer !! Way Faster :D

:D Proud of ya there Youngblood !!
And just 2 things ... try and land a little closer to ya so ya don't have to walk so far and when you look at the camera in the
end... SMILE ;)

[/quote]That is great advice by dad and it will not take you more than a week or so (about 10 hrs flight time I think) to master the "nano". Once you have that down, then break open the Phantom and make sure you follow the directions and the advice of seasoned posters on this board (those guys/ladies with 200+ posts usually have good advice).[/quote]

So are you saying that operators who've been flying for a few to several years and just got on the forum with perhaps 1 or 2 posts have no knowledge whatsoever to offer? I've seen posts with more than 200 that offer little or unsubstantiated advice.

So are you saying that operators who've been flying for a few to several years and just got on the forum with perhaps 1 or 2 posts have no knowledge whatsoever to offer? I've seen posts with more than 200 that offer little or unsubstantiated advice.
Lonewolf
Your quote didn't quite show up right there bro and your referring to sdtrojan's post at the start of this and I don't think he was saying that as you have seemed to have took it :)
I agree to what you are saying but don't agree with you bringing something up from 5 pages back :shock:

dirkclod said:
And just 2 things ... try and land a little closer to ya so ya don't have to walk so far and when you look at the camera in the
end... SMILE ;)
I actually thought I had stopped filming at the end haha

GeneralKitFisto said:
dirkclod said:
end... SMILE ;)
I actually thought I had stopped filming at the end haha
Was not a bad thing as now we know you are real ;)
I will come in sometimes and get myself in the video on purpose but that's just because I do like to look at my good looks as I am very vain :lol: Here I'll share ;)

Attachments

• Am much better after i blow dry my face !!.png
    Am much better after i blow dry my face !!.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 266
Confirm, that's Dirk.

Happyflyer said:
Confirm, that's Dirk.

Clearly, nobody will be messing with his drone. :shock:

Marlin009 said:
Happyflyer said:
Confirm, that's Dirk.

Clearly, nobody will be messing with his drone. :shock:
Ya got that right stumpy !! ;) ;)

Just found some footage I forgot about on the SD Card. Editing it, and uploading to Vimeo. Will link in a thread in Photos and Videos

GeneralKitFisto said:
Just found some footage I forgot about on the SD Card. Editing it, and uploading to Vimeo. Will link in a thread in Photos and Videos
Good deal Youngblood !!
Looks like ya learning the board also :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20