Noob here who needs advice

Well done, lake_flyer

Update: Alright, it's set. I'm taking my first Phantom flight tomorrow at a park. My little sister is making me take a video of her riding her bike... exciting.

GeneralKitFisto said:
Update: Alright, it's set. I'm taking my first Phantom flight tomorrow at a park. My little sister is making me take a video of her riding her bike... exciting.
:lol:
Don't get caught in her spokes.

MHL

I was mistaken: The one I have isn't the Vision Plus, but just the regular vision. Since the camera on it is fragile, my dad doesn't want me to fly it with the camera until next time

GeneralKitFisto said:
I was mistaken: The one I have isn't the Vision Plus, but just the regular vision. Since the camera on it is fragile, my dad doesn't want me to fly it with the camera until next time
The Vision has a big white egg underneath.
The Plus is the fragile one. It has a little silver camera and looks like this:
i-BQ4TNgZ-L.jpg

GeneralKitFisto said:
Update: I'm taking my first Phantom flight tomorrow at a park. My little sister is making me take a video of her riding her bike... exciting.
You'll have more than enough to concentrate on without trying to video on your first flight.
For the sake of your Phantom and your sister stick to just flying the bird for several flights before trying to video a moving person.

Meta4 said:
GeneralKitFisto said:
The Vision has a big white egg underneath.
The Plus is the fragile one. It has a little silver camera and looks like this:
i-BQ4TNgZ-L.jpg

GeneralKitFisto said:
Update: I'm taking my first Phantom flight tomorrow at a park. My little sister is making me take a video of her riding her bike... exciting.
You'll have more than enough to concentrate on without trying to video on your first flight.
For the sake of your Phantom and your sister stick to just flying the bird for several flights before trying to video a moving person

I couldn't agree more.

GeneralKitFisto said:
I was mistaken once again. I have the Phantom FC40

:shock: Youngblood ya worry me !!
Hope Your first flight goes ok today
and do report back as how it went !!!

Taking my first flight in two hours. While I won't have the camera on there, I'll try and mount my phone somewhere to take a ground level video

Just completed my first flight. I'm very proud to say the only time the props hit the ground was when a gust of wind blew it over while it was landing (All the other landings worked right). About five minutes after powering it up for the first time, the battery died. Apparently, my dad didn't plug the battery in properly last night. Letting it charge fully this time, and taking the copter out in about 2 hours. Will post video

GeneralKitFisto said:
Just completed my first flight. I'm very proud to say the only time the props hit the ground was when a gust of wind blew it over while it was landing (All the other landings worked right). About five minutes after powering it up for the first time, the battery died. Apparently, my dad didn't plug the battery in properly last night. Letting it charge fully this time, and taking the copter out in about 2 hours. Will post video
Still waiting on your video Youngblood ! :)

Oh yeah lol. I had a little trouble charging the battery (I think I may have gotten a bad battery). Luckily, I found a replacement that I forgot I had. that worked fine. Heading out early tomorrow in the same place.

Forgot to mention: My uncle is really excited, because he wants me to use my Phantom to survey his cows. I'm not looking forward to telling him that it probably won't work out...

GeneralKitFisto said:
Forgot to mention: My uncle is really excited, because he wants me to use my Phantom to survey his cows. I'm not looking forward to telling him that it probably won't work out...
Get you some airtime and it's just no telling what you'll beable to do :)

GeneralKitFisto said:

Yep. All you'll get is Eat Mor Chikin. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl