Noob Has Video Questions

Reaction score
Hello Pilots, just purchased a GoPro 4 silver for my Phantom 2 and I downloaded the free gopro video editor. I have never shot any aerial video at all and never used a video editor so I have a lot to learn. Aerial video is a new hobby for me. I bought the DSLRPros Cannes Kit. It came with the Futuba 8fg Tx and every was all setup. It did not come with the gopro. I do know how to fly the phantom as well as other multirotors. So I have a few questions that maybe some of you can answer for me:

Do you start the video before anything else prior to the flight, is there any type of order?

Can you assign a switch on the Tx to turn video on or off?

I understand 1080p is the best setting for widescreen?

I also understand it is best to shoot video in the ATTi mode rather than GPS mode?

Any other advice that you would like to tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Pilots, just purchased a GoPro 4 silver for my Phantom 2 and I downloaded the free gopro video editor. I have never shot any aerial video at all and never used a video editor so I have a lot to learn. Aerial video is a new hobby for me. I bought the DSLRPros Cannes Kit. It came with the Futuba 8fg Tx and every was all setup. It did not come with the gopro. I do know how to fly the phantom as well as other multirotors. So I have a few questions that maybe some of you can answer for me:

Do you start the video before anything else prior to the flight, is there any type of order?

Can you assign a switch on the Tx to turn video on or off?

I understand 1080p is the best setting for widescreen?

I also understand it is best to shoot video in the ATTi mode rather than GPS mode?

Any other advice that you would like to tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

In the phantom mode there isn't an ATTI on S1 so in order to fly in ATTI you would have to be in the naza-m mode. Then the order of S1 would be GPS, ATTI and Failsafe if you set it up that way in the software. I have mine setup for ATTI but still video tape in GPS.

There's no way way to turn the video on/off through the TX. Turn the camera on first, then the RC and monitor and last of all the P2 and shut it down in the reverse order.

Since the GP4 silver can shoot 2.7K @ 30fps 2704x1520 you down-rez to 1080p in Go Pro Studio. The only thing I'm not fan of fisheye nor seeing props or landing gear in the video. But quality of using 2.7K is great and when converted to 1080p the video quality is far better then HD. Fisheye can be removed in GP Studio.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik