Noob DJI Manual Translation Assistance

Reaction score
Hi Gang

I have a P3A on order so I'm reading the manual. I understand what they mean when they say that Status Indicator lights "Red and Yellow Flash Alternatively" to indicate a compass calibration error but what do they mean when they say "Red Flashing Alternatively" to indicate an IMU error?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The back LEDs will flash in a pattern that changes back and forth in a repeating pattern between red and yellow.

Per the manual, red and yellow flashing alternatively means a compass calibration is required.

LED.png

I think the OP is puzzled by the use of "alternatively." The Chinese should not have used the word "alternatively" when they wrote "red flashing alternatively." They should have said "red flashing."

Hope this helps.

I think the OP is puzzled by the use of "alternatively."
Well, you just gotta understand a bit of Chinese ;)

They no doubt meant to use "alternately" instead.

Yeah when I read that I was confused also. In fact I still am. There is already a slow red flashing and fast red flashing. What is red alternately (or alternatively)?

It means the LEDs are turning red and then off -- at a normal pace (not fast or slow).

The DJI GO app will tell you if the IMU or compass needs to be calibrated.

That's it exactly marknmd. I've seen slow flashing red, fast flashing red and red/yellow "alternatively" but I still don't understand "red flashing alternatively". What will I see?

So we're supposed to be able to tell the difference between fast, medium and slow flashing? With fast/slow for battery issues and medium for an unrelated system? That's a recipe for a human factors disaster!

So we're supposed to be able to tell the difference between fast, medium and slow flashing?
It's pretty easy to discern. Once you have your Phantom in hand, you'll be able to see the different patterns in person and get a better feel for how it works.

Like I said though, I'd suggest you pay close attention to the DJI GO app. It'll usually alert you when something is not working as expected.

Is it possible that the "red flashing alternatively" means something like two or three red flashes, followed by a pause -

- and repeating like that?

Your guess is as good as anyone's!

Thanks everyone for your help.

I've got a Syma manual that indicates it's lights will come on "eternally". [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Its chinglish..... probably a combination of fast flashing and slow flashing alternating.... good news is when you have the phantom you will find that the errors indicated by the flashing lights will throw up an error in the dji go app so you wont have to guess. The phantom manual is fabtastic compared to english versions of a lot of chinese company produced documentation i have read. I havent needed to hand the chinese manaul to any of my native mandarin speaking freinds once for assistance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj