noob crash my P4

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Yes I am one of those guys. 1st flight and guess what... big crash... :)

I pressed the left toggle down and pressed the home button on the remote consul and it fell from the sky about 20 meters up. I remember the salesman telling me to do that to return it home. I dont think Im supposed to press the left toggle down and press home. i did this because I had a low battery message and I panicked. (could it be it ran out of battery power?)

anyway, no damage to the drone itself but the cameral completely severed from the drone. can we just replace the camera gimbal? and whats the costs of this. I hope I dont need to buy a new one.

thank you guys for any help.

Rookie

I pressed the left toggle down and pressed the home button on the remote consul and it fell from the sky about 20 meters up.
If you pulled the left stick down and into the right corner, you initiated CSC -- which shuts off the motors.

P4-Stop-Motors-Mid-Flight.png

Thanks for that Msinger... that confirms it. I should not have listened to the salesman...but its my fault. I should have done more research.

is there a quick fix for the camera? the ribbon cables are completely severed.

thanks and much appreciated.

Please post photos of any damage you see.

If you pulled the left stick down and into the right corner, you initiated CSC -- which shuts off the motors.

Doesn't just pulling the left stick straight down kill the motors anyway (not into the corner) - or is that only when its on the ground?

Doesn't just pulling the left stick straight down (no corners - shut it off) - or is that only when its on the ground?
That will only shut down the motors after the Phantom stops descending for about 3 seconds.

Reactions: QuadBart and vjs
Hi Msinger ,,

Here is the damage : (hope the file isnt too big)

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 461
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 429
  • Image-3.jpg
    Image-3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 472
  • image 4.jpeg
    image 4.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 484
You definitely need a gimbal yaw arm. It looks like the gimbal ribbon cable is damaged too. Here are a few places where you can purchase those parts:
The following video shows how to replace the gimbal yaw arm and ribbon cable:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't think you're going to be able to repair your shell unless you remove the top. If you decide to do that, you might be able to bend it back and then repair it with Bondic. Or, buy a new shell on Amazon or from DJI and replace the top. If aesthetics don't really matter to you, then you could just cover it with white electrical tape.

You definitely need a gimbal yaw arm. It looks like the gimbal ribbon cable is damaged too. Here are a few places where you can purchase those parts:

The most helpful guy on this forum - by far.

Quite sure I can safely say, on behalf forum members..............Many thanks for your on-going assistance "msinger"

msinger -- thanks for the big time help.
so you're assuming that my camera is not damaged and no need to be replaced?

so you're assuming that my camera is not damaged and no need to be replaced?
No. I'm just assuming it'll be cheaper to fix the broken parts than replace the entire camera & gimbal.

The following video shows how to replace the gimbal yaw arm and ribbon cable:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't think you're going to be able to repair your shell unless you remove the top. If you decide to do that, you might be able to bend it back and then repair it with Bondic. Or, buy a new shell on Amazon or from DJI and replace the top. If aesthetics don't really matter to you, then you could just cover it with white electrical tape.

Holy Mother of God that's a lot of screws!

Hello, another noob here.. So I am a bit confused, will pulling down the left stick cause the motors to shut down or not while in the air?
Seems that are different opinions about this..

I can tell you from recent personal experience that pulling the left stick down will NOT kill the motors if the drone still thinks it's flying. :D

Hello, another noob here.. So I am a bit confused, will pulling down the left stick cause the motors to shut down or not while in the air?
Seems that are different opinions about this..

As indicated above in the above graphic, pulling the left stick down to the inside in combination with pressing the RTH button will shutdown the motors.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Ouch, sorry to hear @rookieplayer

Good thing you can buy replacement parts to get it up and going again.

I think I watched every Youtube video and read the manual 2x before I took it outside for my first flight. This is new for me as I would usually toss the manual out and go on instinct. :p

Okay, tried it out last night and it indeed does not shut of the motors.. Tried it fairly low to the ground and the only thing that happened was that it descended (like it should).. Thanks for the confirmations !

Anybody have any experience with filming wakeboarding from or shore or from the boat ? Or found any example video's ?

Reactions: Trinimon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic