Non level gimbal

Reaction score
WhenI first got my phantom, the camera from the Vision Plus (not a GoPro) was level. Now it seems that my footage is crooked and not level. I take off the gimbal lock before powering up and it appears level on the ground. Any thoughts?
Tommy

I would try doing an advanced IMU calibration making sure the Phantom is on a perfectly level surface. Use a level to make sure.

I've had the same issue - a 1.8 degree tilt that is very noticeable on horizon shots. Annoying. I've tried to rotate the shaft of the gimbal but it is locked in pretty tight on my machine so it wont rotate. You can find a video on youtube about how to correct a misaligned gimbal but in my case, the shaft won't budge and I'm concerned I'll break it if forced.

For now, I just rotate the video in post production.

DrTelemark said:
I've had the same issue - a 1.8 degree tilt that is very noticeable on horizon shots. Annoying. I've tried to rotate the shaft of the gimbal but it is locked in pretty tight on my machine so it wont rotate. You can find a video on youtube about how to correct a misaligned gimbal but in my case, the shaft won't budge and I'm concerned I'll break it if forced.

For now, I just rotate the video in post production.

Does it look like this by any chance? My lower gimbal arm bent in a crash, I bent it back but now have this issue

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412702147.797879.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412702147.797879.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 356
Check out this video... see if it looks like it might be your problem.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxM8OOWRQc[/youtube]

Its so strange because it looks level when I first turn it on. Its when it get it gets up in altitude that it appears crooked. Can the wind have that much affect on the gimbel?

rbhamilton said:
Check out this video... see if it looks like it might be your problem.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxM8OOWRQc[/youtube]

Thanks for that! Had a look at my roll shaft, and it's fine though :( Might have to bend the arm some more

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj