Non Invasive Tablet Mounts

Reaction score
Hi guys! New user here who upgraded from a Parrot AR 2 Drone (crap) to a Phantom 3 standard (much better!) and have been flying it the last few weeks! No problems flying and everything is working fine (might do a DBS mod eventually) but I'm disliking that I only have a phone mount. Working with a iPhone 5s doesn't give me much screen real estate and I'd like to use my IPad mini instead. Any suggestions for a tablet mount that DOESNT involve tearing my RC a new one (literally)? I've seen the cheap clamp on Amazon but that doesn't look sturdy. I was hoping there were some ideas for something that uses the current mount but with a different ball and socket attachment.

I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!

AZChip, you can find a few nice options in this thread.

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with a pad I saw in another post though. We will see how it works (it's only $10) and if it doesn't then I can start considering escalating how much I want to spend and how much altering I want to do. Do you know what DJI's one year warranty covers of the product?

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

I went this route and it is rock solid on my Nexus 7. I even have a strap that I put around my neck and walk with the it hanging.

I use this one as well. works great but the plastic rod that holds it is flimsy. I have seen a metal rod somewhere in my searches but can seem to find it.

I purchased the grip-pro should be here soon.

I also purchased the following stand and hood from Banggood.

1c519994add77e824f48bcf9ab2ba749.jpg

9b3948996da9f8b6a79e4eb524ce715c.jpg

I'll let you know how I go with both...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought the sticky pad and it actually works pretty well! A little unstable but for the most part it does a really good job!

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

The problem I have is I have the iPhone 6 which is fine but it's just too small of a screen. I also have a iPad Air. 9.7 inch. Too big to be on the actual remote. I wish there was another option. I'm just gonna use a tripod. And have to separate features. This way the remote will simple be stand alone. I might even remove the phone holder altogether. It's just a waste of space. Imo.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20