Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Non-GoPro camera compatibility?

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by tempe, Jun 30, 2014.

1. tempe

Hi

I have DJI Phantom 2 and I am considering buying H3-3D gimbal too. So far I have been using Isaw A3 Extreme camera, which is pretty much equivalent to GoPro best model. I was wondering if H3-3D is compatible with it or any other small action camera? I am not pariticulary lookin for videolink so I guess the Gimbal works even if the usb-cable is not attached?

2. BMEWS

you can try it. but the H3-3D was designed for the gopro.

Bmews

3. EMCSQUAR

I highly doubt it. As mentioned the Zenmuse is balanced for the GoPro weight and I doubt the Extreme will fit in the bracket of the Zenmuse.

4. tempe

Ok, to my knowledge Isaw is only 9 grams heavier than GoPro so you think its gonna make a difference?
    Isaw is bit thicker thou:
    59mm x 41mm x 21mm gopro
    61mm x 43mm x 32mm isaw

I do realize the standard fix dont work due thickness but if I were to lock it with cable tie etc. Well, guess theres other cheaper gimbals that work with this.

5. rilot

It won't work.
    Even 2g in the wrong place is enough to throw the Zenmuse out of balance. This is why people have to make counterbalances when attached even a little filter to the front of the GoPro.
    All brushless gimbals need to be balanced or the little motor windings burn out. Even the big-*** gimbal I have on my S800 EVO has to be balanced. Just adjusting the zoom on my Nex5 too much is enough to throw it out.

6. tempe

Ok thx for the info. Any recommendations for gimbal that is compatible with Isaw extreme?