Non DJI Intelligent Battery Detected

Reaction score
Yes, I bought a battery that is not DJI. Bought it before the bird was bought and yes, I'm new to this part of the hobby. Crazy thing is, I've charged and flown this battery 4 times with no issue. Is it a $125 paperweight now?

Yes, I bought a battery that is not DJI. Bought it before the bird was bought and yes, I'm new to this part of the hobby. Crazy thing is, I've charged and flown this battery 4 times with no issue. Is it a $125 paperweight now?
does it stop you from flying?
can you bypass it
does the battery still work?

It has been discussed on the Phantom Facebook page. uninstall the latest version of the DJI Go app and go back one version. I understand that will solve your issue.

Report back.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I personally don't like the idea of using non-genuine batteries on the Phantom 3. It's just not worth it. Especially now that genuine batteries have gone down a bit to the $120 region.

If for some reason the aircraft crashed and the flight records logged the battery as non-genuine, DJI will likely void your warranty.

I personally don't like the idea of using non-genuine batteries on the Phantom 3. It's just not worth it. Especially now that genuine batteries have gone down a bit to the $120 region.

If for some reason the aircraft crashed and the flight records logged the battery as non-genuine, DJI will likely void your warranty.

warranty was gone way long ago.....

warranty was gone way long ago.....
Yeah, it was meant for the OP. Still, even if warranty's gone, I still wouldn't want to risk flying my expensive drone using a questionable battery. Just saying.

Maybe if there's a $100 difference I'd think about it. But if it's just a few bucks, forget it.

Oh yeah, the warranty. I should think about that. To answer, no, would not allow me to fly. Battery charged fine. I only have the firmware update I did the day I bought it. I guess I'll try to sell it on eBay. Thanks for your help once again.

Oh yeah, the warranty. I should think about that. To answer, no, would not allow me to fly. Battery charged fine. I only have the firmware update I did the day I bought it. I guess I'll try to sell it on eBay. Thanks for your help once again.
First you were deceived and now it wont work, do you really think it is ok to do the same to someone else?

that said, did you try to install an older DJI Go app to solve your issue, if that doesn't work then I guess you are stuck either trying to return it or eat the cost as a learning experience. If you sell it on ebay and the buyer has an issue, they can open a claim and get the money charged back and leave negative feedback.

First you were deceived and now it wont work, do you really think it is ok to do the same to someone else?

that said, did you try to install an older DJI Go app to solve your issue, if that doesn't work then I guess you are stuck either trying to return it or eat the cost as a learning experience. If you sell it on ebay and the buyer has an issue, they can open a claim and get the money charged back and leave negative feedback.

Whoa there telescott.... That assumes that I would hide the fact that it failed me. I'm not that kind of person. IF I decided to sell it, there would be full disclosure of what happened as well as a hefty discount of course. Maybe someone that can do the firmware stuff and doesn't care about warranty could pick up a good battery.....sorry if I portrayed myself as dishonest, not my intention.

Whoa there telescott.... That assumes that I would hide the fact that it failed me. I'm not that kind of person. IF I decided to sell it, there would be full disclosure of what happened as well as a hefty discount of course. Maybe someone that can do the firmware stuff and doesn't care about warranty could pick up a good battery.....sorry if I portrayed myself as dishonest, not my intention.
Glad to hear you would be honest. Just hate to have someone be ripped off like you were.

As a note...I purchased the battery on EBay and it clearly states that it is compatible with the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Fortunately for me, they have a money back refund policy. Lesson learned.

If it is the app, just use litchi or FPV camera to fly your drone. Both have GREAT flight planning. When I am unable to sleep, I will grab my phone and plan flights for the next day laying in bed.
As for the batteries, ever since Apple done that with their lighting cords, I have been against them, large companies, saying you have to use their accessories to use their product. If they are gonna do that, they need to state that very boldly on the product. I know a few rookies that ordered non dji batteries when they ordered their drones. And I also understand not risking your drone for 20 dollars in savings. But we all, sometimes, rush and don't do the research before we act. Me, heck, I watched every how-to video I could find for about 2 weeks before I ever took my old P2 vision+ up.

I still wouldn't want to risk flying my expensive drone using a questionable battery. Just saying.

I always like this response. Every Phantom that I read about that dropped from the sky reportedly had a DJI battery in it and none had after market batteries. DJI admits issues with their batteries from all of the "battery updates" to help battery life. I've got 7 batteries for my P2V+ and several are non-DJI batteries, I'll use them before my DJI batteries.

I always like this response. Every Phantom that I read about that dropped from the sky reportedly had a DJI battery in it and none had after market batteries. DJI admits issues with their batteries from all of the "battery updates" to help battery life. I've got 7 batteries for my P2V+ and several are non-DJI batteries, I'll use them before my DJI batteries.
I'll second that. Besides, all the "fixes" seem to be the trouble, not the hardware. I'm about ready to sell the whole thing and go back to building my own. I never had this much trouble when I could pick my own parts...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl