Non-DJI batteries

Reaction score
Has anyone tried batteries from companies other than DJI? One battery I found boasts 6000 mAh. Should I stick to the standard 5200 from DJI?

There are a lot of 3rd party and knock-off DJI batteries. If you try any of them, Limefuel is probably going to be your best bet. It has pretty consistent reviews.

Last edited:
I just got my new 5400 "Limefuel" battery from amazon.

except it is not!
I have 2, LP6000 I got direct from Limefuel and this is definitely not the same labeling.

good news is it fires up in both my P2V1 with 3.08 and my plus with 3.12.
It also shows as 6200 .
Have no idea who the real mfg. is but I will test this out in my p2v1 for a bit first.

Attached Files:

• a" data-thumb-height="50">
see original post in plus help area

I heard they worked till you upgrade to the newer firmware. Anyone know this for a fact? I have been using 2 of the batteries before the price of batteries came down with no problem You know I would like to have a business of making a car then after selling a ton of them and then change something that would now only allow you to use only their special gas. Then I can set the price of the gas at anything I want. They have a name for people who works a business like this. I understand them not warrant anything with non oem parts but to purposely cause someone to waste money is wrong. I THINK AFTER SEE THIS I WILL HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR MY NEXT MODEL.

I heard they worked till you upgrade to the newer firmware. Anyone know this for a fact? I have been using 2 of the batteries before the price of batteries came down with no problem You know I would like to have a business of making a car then after selling a ton of them and then change something that would now only allow you to use only their special gas. Then I can set the price of the gas at anything I want. They have a name for people who works a business like this. I understand them not warrant anything with non oem parts but to purposely cause someone to waste money is wrong. I THINK AFTER SEE THIS I WILL HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR MY NEXT MODEL.

those batteries in my post from sept last year were still working on FW 3.08 and 3.12 when I sold the phantoms. around new years.

As a neube, Just so everyone understands I really like my phantom. Didnt have much money and had to get the advance (really wanted the pro) and bought a used one. Then as everyone knows one battery don't do much so couldn't wait till I saved up for a couple more. Then I did and now I understand something was put in the update to disable them. If it was stated that third party batteries won't work I have no problem with that. But to put something in a update to render them non functional is not right. A warning about them causing crashes would even be acceptable. Of course if a third party battery could be detected and all of the suddent have a crash. Will extended antennas, your type of monitor, etc. be next? But maybe not as they don't sell that stuff yet. As this week is a pricey hobby just think if they started making monitors and put something in the next update that would make you have to NOW buy a certain monitor. Thanks for a lending ear. Does anyone know what the newest update you can have that will work?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj