Noisy gopro

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've just fitted my Zenmuse Gimbal and Go pro3 and all seems to be fine except when I record anything I get a very loud buzzing sound (like microphone feedback) from my movies. The go pro records fine off the Phantom. Anyone had the same problem? I have fitted the interferance board inside the phantom and all looks fine here too.

John

Ok so I have removed the interference board and put the cable from the gimbal back to the phantom board, no change. Recorded footage with the gopro off the phantom and the sound is perfect. checked all the connections again and removed and reconnected the small micro plug from the gimbal to the camera and still get loud noise. Is there anything else I can try?

John

I have no solution for you but can confirm this is a very common issue. I have the exact same problem. I think most take the stance that even without this buzz/interference noise, the sound is still terrible from the huge wind distortion noise due to the downdraft from the props. That's why so many vids are set to music.

What I do is to fly my phantom to get the footage, then use my camcorder just to record ambient sound when the Phantom is grounded and mix the audio and video when editing. You could do it like this or with a dedicated sound recorder.....

I agree with Pilsburypie. Even without hum/buzz, on-board audio is ruined by props and motors. If I care about realistic audio, I will put a 2nd GoPro on the ground to get audio of subject(s). Then merge ground audio with air video.

Kelly

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie