#NoDroneZone - Philadelphia

Reaction score
I just came across this youtube video posted by the FAA.
Apparently flying a drone in Philly during the DNC is illegal. I live in Philadelphia county, about 10 miles from where the convention is at. Does anyone have more info on this? Not sure if the no drone use if just for downtown Philly and not the suburb areas?

I'm betting that it pertains to the city limits and not county. Is there a good way to contact the FAA since they're issuing this?

I live 12 miles from Downtown Cleveland and couldn't fly for an entire week because of the RNC. If anyone here is familiar with Ohio, the TFR stretched from Elyria (which is in Lorain County, west of Cleveland probably 25 miles) east to Perry, and went as far south as Barberton/Akron area, and went north across the Lake up to the Canadian border.

The TFR lasted from the day before the convention started up until 7/22 at 0700 hours, the Convention officially ending on 7/21.

So lame

That whole area is a NFZ for any aircraft right now. Here it is depicted in a map illustration:
TFR Data Elements

Here it is with detailed information:
http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_6_3975.html

The FAA just went the extra mile (nautical mile LOL) to make sure drone operators have the extra pampering so they can't say, "I didn't realize the TFR applied to drones too".

It's not from the city limits etc it's from a designated center point and out 30 nautical miles

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik