no yaw control in Accelerometer Sensor Mode

Reaction score
P2V with latest firmware works for camera tilt in Accelerometer Sensor Mode but movement of iPhone 5 does not affect the yaw. I tried holding down the blue button while moving the iphone as well but that doesn't work either. The camera tilt, however, works normally with the iPhone accelerometer when in the Accelerometer Sensor Mode. Any ideas?

zengeist said:
P2V with latest firmware works for camera tilt in Accelerometer Sensor Mode but movement of iPhone 5 does not affect the yaw. I tried holding down the blue button while moving the iphone as well but that doesn't work either. The camera tilt, however, works normally with the iPhone accelerometer when in the Accelerometer Sensor Mode. Any ideas?

The accelerometer only controls the tilt of the camera. You still have to use the sticks for yaw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

According to the manual, rotating your phone is supposed to yaw the aircraft when in Accelerometer Sensor Mode. I haven't tried it myself, it always seemed too difficult to try to do this while holding down the button. But in the latest version of the Vision App, you're supposed to be able to toggle the blue button on/off, rather than hold it down.

jimre said:
According to the manual, rotating your phone is supposed to yaw the aircraft when in Accelerometer Sensor Mode. I haven't tried it myself, it always seemed too difficult to try to do this while holding down the button. But in the latest version of the Vision App, you're supposed to be able to toggle the blue button on/off, rather than hold it down.

Sure enough, you're right. The yaw doesn't work with me either with the latest app update. I have made flights with the accelerometer toggled on the entire flight with no yaw that I have noticed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It appears that DJI has removed the yaw control from the Accelerometer Sensor Mode in the latest updates. Although it is still shown as a feature of the ASM in the P2V manual it is not shown in the P2V+ manual, so perhaps we have to wait until another firmware-software release.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20