No way to get signal in my P3A

Reaction score
No way to get image from the camera after a long trip with the Phantom at the boot inside the backpack. Yesterday I was flying well in my city and today after a 500km road trip no way to get signal from the camera. Some information that perhaps can give you a hint of the possible probkem:

1 after the trip the clip from the gimbal was loose probably due to the vibration of the car
2 the previous day I flew using my Ipad. Today i have tried to use my Android device
3. I have turn off and on many times the RC, bird and my tablet
4. I have reset the camera many times using the menu of the App
5. When I start the App identify the phantom as professional and it is the advanced
6. I have reinstalled the firmware
7. When I start the bird the sound and movements from the gimbal are correct but then the camera loose the fixed position

Any thoughts regarding the possible issue?

Best regards

Sorry but can I get some clarification before I offer any suggestions?

Do you mean you cannot get video signal from the bird to the Android/iOS device?
Is the bird reacting perfectly normally to transmitter input without the android/ios device attached?

In response to your list:
1. By "clip" do you mean the plastic gimbal clamp that immobilizes the gimbal for transport?
2. Is it only the Android device that does not receive signal?
3. Have you actually rebooted the tablet after clearing all the memory or just turned it on and off.
4. No clarification needed.
5. Does it identify the P3A as a P3P on both the Android and iOS devices?
6. Did you check to make sure you installed the P3A firmware (no offense meant)
7. Have you removed the .TXT file on the SD card after you reinstalled the firmware?

Thanks for your prompt response and detailed clarifications. Please see below :

1-Yes
2-Yes I have only here the Android device
3-just turned it on and off
5-only at the Android, see my response point 2
6- I did just when it was issue in August but trying to find a solution I have thought that perhaps reinstalling again the firmware the problem could be solved
7-no

Thanks again

1. I would start by killing the app on the Android device, then deleting the app from the device completely. I would next shut down the android device and then restart the device.
2. I would next install the latest GO app from the DJI site..NOT FROM THE ANDROID APP STORE.
3. If you are certain that the firmware is properly updated, I would remove both the .txt file and the .bin files from the SD card and reinsert it in the Phantom. If you are not sure, follow the procedures for firmware updating making sure the .txt and .bin files currently on the SD card have been removed.
4. I would then start the app and sign in with a new registration for the P3A.

Make sure you have selected the P3A page when you intend to connect. The "Connect" Page has 5 pages that swipe from left to right. The first page is Inspire, then P3P, the P3A, then P3S and finally Matrice.

I wouldn't worry about the clip falling off, it does so even when DJI ships new aircraft out and probably has no effect whatsoever on your problems.

I hope this helps, it sounds like an app issue but we can look into other things if this doesn't help

Try a different SD card and see if that makes a difference.
Sometimes the P3 doesn't like the SD card and it acts like the camera is dead.

Do what meta suggests first and also try a new cable, both of these have caused issues like you see

Isn't it nice to have the knowledgeable veteran pilots out here for those of us with all the questions ??? !!!

Reactions: Jeff48920
Jeff49920 thanks a lot for your detailed and clear description I will keep your post for future reference. Regards

Reactions: Jeff48920
1. I would start by killing the app on the Android device, then deleting the app from the device completely. I would next shut down the android device and then restart the device.
2. I would next install the latest GO app from the DJI site..NOT FROM THE ANDROID APP STORE.
3. If you are certain that the firmware is properly updated, I would remove both the .txt file and the .bin files from the SD card and reinsert it in the Phantom. If you are not sure, follow the procedures for firmware updating making sure the .txt and .bin files currently on the SD card have been removed.
4. I would then start the app and sign in with a new registration for the P3A.

Make sure you have selected the P3A page when you intend to connect. The "Connect" Page has 5 pages that swipe from left to right. The first page is Inspire, then P3P, the P3A, then P3S and finally Matrice.

I wouldn't worry about the clip falling off, it does so even when DJI ships new aircraft out and probably has no effect whatsoever on your problems.

I hope this helps, it sounds like an app issue but we can look into other things if this doesn't help
I have a similar issue to this and haven't found a solution. I have a P3P that was fine when I booted it this morning to make sure all was well and no updates needed. Took it outside and no video. Rebooted everything, reinstalled app, etc. and no go. I am using Android, but also tried on an iPhone.

I just went through your instructions, and killed app, then deleted it. The rebooted Nexus, then installed the app from DJI, connected on the right page. I made sure txt and bin files were off card (I formatted it). Booted P3, then controller, waited for connect, and plugged in USB. App stated, and showed correct craft.

Everything works except the live video. It shows all firmware up to date and that it is connected. The camera records and takes pictures, telemetery comes back, and I can fly the P3. Both controller and HD show all bars, and there is little indication of anything wrong, except I have no video, and I see "No signal" in the box in the center, and the box is red.

I have also tried swapping several USB cables, turning on airplane mode, rebound controller and P3, swapped sd cards, charged the controller, and numerous other suggestions, to no avail..

Normally I am pretty good at this, but I have completely run out of things to try, and this one has me stumped.

Any help is much appreciated...

I have a similar issue to this and haven't found a solution. I have a P3P that was fine when I booted it this morning to make sure all was well and no updates needed. Took it outside and no video. Rebooted everything, reinstalled app, etc. and no go. I am using Android, but also tried on an iPhone.

I just went through your instructions, and killed app, then deleted it. The rebooted Nexus, then installed the app from DJI, connected on the right page. I made sure txt and bin files were off card (I formatted it). Booted P3, then controller, waited for connect, and plugged in USB. App stated, and showed correct craft.

Everything works except the live video. It shows all firmware up to date and that it is connected. The camera records and takes pictures, telemetery comes back, and I can fly the P3. Both controller and HD show all bars, and there is little indication of anything wrong, except I have no video, and I see "No signal" in the box in the center, and the box is red.

I have also tried swapping several USB cables, turning on airplane mode, rebound controller and P3, swapped sd cards, charged the controller, and numerous other suggestions, to no avail..

Normally I am pretty good at this, but I have completely run out of things to try, and this one has me stumped.

Any help is much appreciated...

My only suggestion is to change your startup procedure.
1. Plug the cable into the controller and the device
2. Start the controller
3. Accept the "Trust this computer?" prompt if asked
4. Start the P3
5. Wait for P3 to go to slow flashing green rear lights
6. Start app
7. Calibrate compass as needed

This works for me 95% of The time. The rest of the time I land, shut down the P3 and then restart.

My only suggestion is to change your startup procedure.
2. Start the controller
4. Start the P3
6. Start app

This works for me 95% of The time. The rest of the time I land, shut down the P3 and then restart.
OK, Tried this, but didn't get any positive results.

Done....

2. Start the controller
Done... (controller shows red light until P3 is started, then shows green light )

Done... No "Trust this computer?" question, but Android tablet wakes up and shows it is charging.

4. Start the P3
Done... (P3 does the gimbal dance and makes normal "do-do-dit" start sound)

Done... Ffron are solid red, back are double flashing green aka (flash-flash-wait...flash-flash-wait...)

6. Start app
Done... (app starts on Zenmuse, but goes to P3P page and has blue connect button.

Note: Since next step in calibrate (from within the app) at this point I hit the blue button (as usual) and am taken to the settings menu, where it tells me everything is up to date, and I am connected. I get heartneat from the P3 lights etc.

It said it wasn't needed, but I did it anyway

In the end, no video, and no joy.... Thank you for trying. Any other ideas? Anyone?

OK, Tried this, but didn't get any positive results.

Done....

2. Start the controller
Done... (controller shows red light until P3 is started, then shows green light )

Done... No "Trust this computer?" question, but Android tablet wakes up and shows it is charging.

4. Start the P3
Done... (P3 does the gimbal dance and makes normal "do-do-dit" start sound)

Done... Ffron are solid red, back are double flashing green aka (flash-flash-wait...flash-flash-wait...)

6. Start app
Done... (app starts on Zenmuse, but goes to P3P page and has blue connect button.

Note: Since next step in calibrate (from within the app) at this point I hit the blue button (as usual) and am taken to the settings menu, where it tells me everything is up to date, and I am connected. I get heartneat from the P3 lights etc.

It said it wasn't needed, but I did it anyway

In the end, no video, and no joy.... Thank you for trying. Any other ideas? Anyone?
If you answered no on Number 3-- that is the wrong answer:)

If you answered no on Number 3-- that is the wrong answer:)
Didn't answer "no". The question was just never asked. I don't believe it is ever asked on Android. In any case it has never been asked with this setup, and until yesterday it worked great.

FYI, I also tried this on an iPhone 5S, and get the same results.

Didn't answer "no". The question was just never asked. I don't believe it is ever asked on Android. In any case it has never been asked with this setup, and until yesterday it worked great.

T

Took that No in number 3 to mean that you answered no:)

OK -- now to the nitty gritty--:D What version did you install on the Controller and what Version on the Phantom? Did the txt files indicate that the FW upgrades were successful?

Rear greens should be slowly flashing short on- short off, not short-on- short on- long off. You are in Atti Mode when you are getting 2 greens in a row. Wait until you are in P-GPS mode before starting the app.

Rear greens should be slowly flashing short on- short off, not short-on- short on- long off. You are in Atti Mode when you are getting 2 greens in a row. Wait until you are in P-GPS mode before starting the app.
Never heard that one before-- it if works let us know:):)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic