No video to cell phone

Reaction score
My P2v+ recently and randomly has stopped sending video feed to the cell phone (Android). I do still record video to the SD card with no issues. I did recently have a rough landing. I have done a visual inspection and checked as many connections as I can see from the outside.
Since the unit is still capturing video and stills, where would you suggest I look to find the root cause?
Regards,
David

My P2v+ recently and randomly has stopped sending video feed to the cell phone (Android). I do still record video to the SD card with no issues. I did recently have a rough landing. I have done a visual inspection and checked as many connections as I can see from the outside.
Since the unit is still capturing video and stills, where would you suggest I look to find the root cause?
Regards,
David
Mine did the same thing today. I have a phantom 3 and had to order a new ribbon cable, the video worked the first time I started it after I installed the new cable but now I can't see it on my phone and it says gimbal motor overload. I'm still trying to figure it out!!!

Be sure to check the three cable that plug into the gimbal above the camera. They must be tight to give you video too. If they are good check the ribbon cable on the cameras looking fro scrapes cracks or breaks. Also,be sure you have Bluetooth turned off as this had caused some problems.

Be sure to check the three cable that plug into the gimbal above the camera. They must be tight to give you video too. If they are good check the ribbon cable on the cameras looking fro scrapes cracks or breaks. Also,be sure you have Bluetooth turned off as this had caused some problems.

Thanks RoyVA,
Those are the first things I checked accept the BT. It is off though so not involved. I went flying last night and the battery on my android was dead so I took my daughters iPhone 6. Full video on battery #1. On battery #2 and #3, I had no video but a frozen picture on screen and the iPhone was spinning in the middle of the screen indicating waiting on something. I have had other experiences where I have lost Wi-Fi while flying and the drone was not that far away. I am leaning towards the Wi-Fi module being flakey. Anyone suggest a place to buy this? Helipal at $189 is the only one that really comes up. Anyone have a unit being parted out? At that price, I would love to be able to borrow one to swap for a test since there is no soldering involved. it is an expensive piece to shotgun trouble shoot with.
I am in the Dallas TX area if anyone is willing to assist.

David

Have you been able to eliminate the wifi extender. If not you can download a wifi signal tester software to be sure the extender is putting out and staying strong.

I'll look into this. Anyone have what values are good and what are suspect at what ranges?

I just replaced the WiFi transmitter module after having lost my video feed in P2v+. Takes an hour and problem solved.

There are modules available used on eBay. But I would check yours first to see if something was knocked loose from the crash. Mainly the antenna connections. There are two in the craft. Look in the battery compartment with the battery removed. You should see one on the left and one closer to you on the right. They have a white arrow pointing forward on them. But before you take the lid off do you have another tablet or phone that you can try to connect to the Phantom. I would first reset the wifi extender and rebind it to the Quad as my first step in diagnostics. To rebind push the small reset button on the side of the wifi extender with both units powered on.open the DJI app go to settings and find the line that says binding. Get the last 6 digits from the bottom of the quad under the battery compartment right below the QR scan code. Put those in the DJI app. You should get a message telling you it was bound. Give it another try and see if you get video now.

There are modules available used on eBay. But I would check yours first to see if something was knocked loose from the crash. Mainly the antenna connections. There are two in the craft. Look in the battery compartment with the battery removed. You should see one on the left and one closer to you on the right. They have a white arrow pointing forward on them. But before you take the lid off do you have another tablet or phone that you can try to connect to the Phantom. I would first reset the wifi extender and rebind it to the Quad as my first step in diagnostics. To rebind push the small reset button on the side of the wifi extender with both units powered on.open the DJI app go to settings and find the line that says binding. Get the last 6 digits from the bottom of the quad under the battery compartment right below the QR scan code. Put those in the DJI app. You should get a message telling you it was bound. Give it another try and see if you get video now.
Thanks,
I'll do this

Where di you buy the part?

I got mine at Helipal. Fast and good service. Was the new "perforated" model. Considered doing the Arctic Silver Mod but decided that hopefully the perforations keep the thing cool enough. I also now avoid too much ground time with the quad powered and getting no airflow.

I got mine at Helipal. Fast and good service. Was the new "perforated" model. Considered doing the Arctic Silver Mod but decided that hopefully the perforations keep the thing cool enough. I also now avoid too much ground time with the quad powered and getting no airflow.
So you are suggesting this is heat related? Make sense as I usually get video on battery one and then no more. Haven't heard of the Artic Silver Mod. Will look into that also.
Thanks,
Dsipp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31