No video stored on chip after battery swap

Reaction score
I sent the Phantom II Vision out for a flight, and shot about 15 minutes of video. With battery running low, I returned to base and swapped in a fresh battery - then sent it out again. None of the video or still photos I *thought* that I shot on that second battery were stored on the memory card. It's a 32Gb card with about 30Gb free, so it's not a storage problem.

Has anybody else seen this happen?

Yes. When you came back in I'm betting you didn't stop the video recording, just switched the aircraft off. Because of that the video file isn't finalised, and is corrupted.

However there is a fix! Put the card back in the Vision camera, turn on the transmitter, turn on the aircraft (no need to fire up the app or range extender or anything), wait for about 30 seconds, turn off aircraft, turn of transmitter. The Vision should have finalised the corrupted file and written it properly for you. It will have an odd date/time stamp on it and you will have lost the last few seconds of video, but it'll be back for you.

Stop the video with the app before switching the aircraft off in the future and you shouldn't see the problem again.

EDIT: Oh, and there's lots of hints, tips and tricks over on the specific Vision thread in these forums. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub