No video signal

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Do somebody know solution for no video signal?
RC is linked, usb cable is ok, but there is no video

Reactions: Cunners
Today i had similar problem, video was still recording though, but i could not see it on my tablet(Nexus 7 2nd Gen), i connected my Nexus 6 and it was fine with it so i reconnected N7 and still had the same problem even after restarting the app. I rebooted my tablet and the problem has been sorted.

I'm getting a red 'no signal' in the gps status bar and a blank video screen, all other features working correctly, even takes off and hovers. This is an intermittent problem and eventually resolves after shutting everything off and restarting (sometimes more than once) I spent yesterday forcing the firmware to update and am still having intermittent issues.....any thoughts? ANYONE...???? I'll be calling DJI first thing tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Same thing for me....the signal is lost since yesterday....I did all the necessary upgrades but the problem is still there....some technician is telling me that the electronic board of the camera needs a replacement....can somebody help??

It would likely be device related, a bad or unplugged cable( ribbon or wired) or camera settings(black screen).

If camera works and video doesn't it may be video cache full or something like that maybe.

Just about anything else is a send off for repair.

Had a P3 advanced since wednesday , great piece of kit but when I switch from still camera to video I get a loss of picture and NO connection in the top status bar. All the controls seem to work ok and the only way I can get it back is to switch it back to still camera and take apicture then everything comes back on.
I have updated the software on the RC and the firmware to 1.7 today but no different and its like it everytime i try and video. I cant see it being the tablet im using ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

I had the same problem with my Samsung Tab 3. Switched to my phone and it was okay, Have not had a chance to troubleshoot the issue.

DJI told me they don't know of any such problem. And I would have to send mine in [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Never take life to seriously or you will never get out Alive lol

I think its something to do with the tablet I was using a Lenovo pad running android 4.4.2 I have just tried a samsung galaxy tab 4 running android 4.4.2 and it works fine. Can switch to video and record without loosing the display and connection .

Dont know how to get around it though !

Thanks

Mine was finally fixed by replacing the electronic board of the camera...under warranty.....so I only paid DHL for shipment of spare parts..... I guess I am back in business...

Happened to me too. I called DJI they told me to return mine to Amazon and I upgraded to the pro so DJI got a good deal AND I GOT A WORKING DRONE. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

They told me I had a bad light bridge.

So I think I solved the problem. I believe that it is a sequencing issue. By that, I mean the order that I start up the drone as described by dji. Before, I was starting the controller and then the drone while the phone was plugged into the controller and the above was happening. However, when I started them in the order recommended by dji, (1)power on ac, (2)power on rc, (3)open dji go app and select P3A, (4)plug device into rc; I don't have "No Signal" warning and have the video feed.

Reactions: Sky Eye Images
So I think I solved the problem. I believe that it is a sequencing issue. By that, I mean the order that I start up the drone as described by dji. Before, I was starting the controller and then the drone while the phone was plugged into the controller and the above was happening. However, when I started them in the order recommended by dji, (1)power on ac, (2)power on rc, (3)open dji go app and select P3A, (4)plug device into rc; I don't have "No Signal" warning and have the video feed.
Dont you power on controller first, then aircraft second?

Yes, that's what I meant. The main thing was to make sure that I did not have the device plugged into the RC before turning on the RC or AC, Which was causing me to get no signal.

Yep. I do the same and rarely have issues. I knew what ya meant to say. Lol

this brings back horrible memories for me. The same thing happened to me about 8 weeks ago. Here is what happened, and how I inadvertently fixed it:
1. Calibrated compass, 16 satellites, took off
2. About 1/8 mile down range at 300 feet, got red warning: "no signal" at top of app.
3. Panicked. Pressed return to home button.. actually press and hold button
4. Phantom returned safely withing a few feet of take off point
5. Went inside to figure things out
6. Looked all over the planet via internet searches for reason, and possible fix
7. repeatably tried to re-establish RC to Phantom connection. Did not succeed in probably 20 attempts
8. Read horror stories of sending it back to DJI as the only fix. I began to sink deeper into hopelessness, which prompted inverse reaction to fix the bloody thing!
9. Re-installed RC and drone firmware.. did not work
10. Calibrated the IMU.. did not work
11. Re-linked (bind) the Phantom with the RC. Had to push that little button.. watch green led.. etc. After re-binding, still no success
12. At this point, I was feeling defeated. Decided to try my Nexus 7 as an experiment
13. Connected Nexus 7... connection was established! Formerly using Droid Turbo Two smart phone
14. Reset everything.. powered down and up about 8 times to make sure it wasn't a fluke.. no fluke! The problem simply went away
15. re-connected the Droid, and still no problem!
16. I have been flying happily ever since without any problems

So, what can I conclude about all this? Well, it might have been the re-binding since that was the last thing I tried. But.. and it's a big BUT.. but if I had tried the Nexus 7 initially, would that have magically fixed the problem? I'll never know. The bottom line here is that these things are certainly not 100 percent reliable. There is this little doubt I have when flying that keeps me in check from taking risks. I personally do not care about the money lost if I crash. I am terrified however in the liability I'll face if I cause damage or injury by a fly away or some other malfunction. You might want to follow the steps I took, or maybe just try a different tablet to jog the connection back to working? I wish you the best of luck. I know how you must feel right now.

PS. I forgot to mention an important point. I had control over motors and everything else, just no video feed to my tablet. Sorry I did not mention this earlier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers